Home

Conjecture about alternate uni's in '10

This is a discussion on Conjecture about alternate uni's in '10 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:50 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Conjecture about alternate uni's in '10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
We already have alternate uniforms. We just don't have the ability to mix and match tops with bottoms, or change helmet or shoe color.

Alternates are in already.
???
Old 02-27-2009, 12:30 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 29

only a select few alternates are in and that's not what they're talking about here
Old 02-27-2009, 12:47 AM   #11
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

instead of having a preset jersey and pant you would be able to use any jersey with any pant and any helment. you would have full control of your existing uni's. i sure that not many D1 schools would give permission to alow people to make any uniform for their school.

i think the real purpose and what we will see is CAS that incorporates D2. we will have so many options that we can create the D2 schools ourselves. download graphics from those schools and then upload them to locker and then download those teams created to perfection with great rosters by real fans of those schools are just by one of the hardcore nuts around here that get off on that stuff. i think that if EA is creating the D2 schools themselves it would take alot of time and maybe the art dept had the time this year to do it but it seems that they might really be working on making other things better and giving us the option to do this which would be better than any CAS options i could think of. two birds, one stone.

just and opinion
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 12:55 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 29

oh man if we can do that my head will explode
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 AM   #13
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Adam will this 'texture compositor' be used on teams conference logo on the field??? Example: If I took Hawai'i who is in the WAC (has WAC's logo on the field) and got them good and moved them into lets say the Pac-10 would the WAC logo change or be removed (since most if not all Pac-10 teams dont have a conference logo on the field)?????

Old 02-27-2009, 11:21 AM   #14
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
So you're saying we get alternate uniforms then?

I kid, I kid. Still, my point is more that it *appears* that the limitations you spoke of in the past (each uniform was specifically overlaid directly onto the player model...or something like that) might not be as big of a deal *if* a similar system is applied to uniforms.

I suppose if it was only for created teams, it might not be applicable, but I don't see why you couldn't do the whole game this way. I'm assuming a) those types of uniforms don't have the same level of detail and b) you'd have to redo the whole system, so you might as well just do alternate uni's the same way as regular ones.

If you were to do them of course.
Nah, we wouldn't need to use the texture compositor for that either. It is more for swapping art on the fly.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeezee12
Adam will this 'texture compositor' be used on teams conference logo on the field??? Example: If I took Hawai'i who is in the WAC (has WAC's logo on the field) and got them good and moved them into lets say the Pac-10 would the WAC logo change or be removed (since most if not all Pac-10 teams dont have a conference logo on the field)?????
Yes, we would use the TC to do that. Not saying we did or didn't for 10, but that is the type of thing the TC was meant for.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 PM   #16
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yes, we would use the TC to do that. Not saying we did or didn't for 10, but that is the type of thing the TC was meant for.
That would be sweet if it was done in 10... If not hopefully soon. This is the one thing that bothers me about moving conferences. But def something Im able to ignore if its not done this year. Oh by the way the Bowl endzones look great and Im glad to see the FG nets back in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »