Home

Any Plans for Tearing down Goal Posts

This is a discussion on Any Plans for Tearing down Goal Posts within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-27-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 26
Any Plans for Tearing down Goal Posts

There should be an animation where the students storm the field after a huge game, i.e. after finishing a top 3 ESPN instant classic or an un-ranked team defeats a top 10 Team at home. I think that would be an excellent addition to the game. You guys think something like that could be pulled off? I apologize if this belongs in the wish list thread, but I figured others might want to comment on the possibility of something like this being included.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Any Plans for Tearing down Goal Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
There should be an animation where the students storm the field after a huge game, i.e. after finishing a top 3 ESPN instant classic or an un-ranked team defeats a top 10 Team at home. I think that would be an excellent addition to the game. You guys think something like that could be pulled off? I apologize if this belongs in the wish list thread, but I figured others might want to comment on the possibility of something like this being included.
If done correctly that would be bad azz. But I highly doubt if its implemented into an EA game any time soon. I cant even remember the last time we got to see the nets bein cut in an EA bball game

Old 02-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #3
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I believed they actually planned on doing that in a previous NCAA game, but the NCAA wouldn't allow it. if it never was planned, I still doubt that the NCAA would allow it.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
If done correctly that would be bad azz. But I highly doubt if its implemented into an EA game any time soon. I cant even remember the last time we got to see the nets bein cut in an EA bball game
I heard something awhile back about NCAA officials putting a clause in the deal that prevented EA from having anything like this in the game. Dont know how true it is but it would make sense considering there trying to cut it out in real life.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
Pro

DiddyGotGrillz's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeEmAll
No offense....but that is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard. This is why games are going down the toilet in my opinion, worry about GAMEPLAY...not worthless animations that will get old after seeing them 2 times. Make the recruiting deeper, make online dynasty deeper...forget about students tearing down the goalposts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #6
MVP

Mjphillips's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
No offense....but that is the STUPIDEST thing I have ever heard. This is why games are going down the toilet in my opinion, worry about GAMEPLAY...not worthless animations that will get old after seeing them 2 times. Make the recruiting deeper, make online dynasty deeper...forget about students tearing down the goalposts.
You make it sound as if he said "stop worrying about gameplay and put in more dancing mascots!" Be cool man. It happens in real life so why not include it in the game. It's gonna be ok. That would make the game even better along with better gameplay. YOU are the reason games will never be what we want them to be IMO. Everytime someone wants something better, somebody like you goes cutting them down for no reason. I don't even like to respond to things like this but wow. Of course we all want the other things you listed.

Oh yeah, no offense.

Last edited by Mjphillips; 02-27-2009 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Forgot to add something.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiddyGotGrillz
Seriously? I hear probably 50 things every day that are more stupid. (This one isn't even stupid, BTW, just not feasible given the NCAA's stance on the matter.)
Old 02-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
Banned

MtneerManiac's Arena

OVR: 6

Why do people make stupid posts with stupid requests like this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »