Home

Your Dynasty(s) - Brief Updates/Recaps

This is a discussion on Your Dynasty(s) - Brief Updates/Recaps within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2009, 10:58 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 29
Your Dynasty(s) - Brief Updates/Recaps

Looks like there are only a few on the Dynasty thread. I always like reading about other offline Dynastys.

I had a couple nice runs with Western Michigan, Washington State, Buffalo and North Carolina.

I won it all with Western Michigan in year one (started a new career for obvious reasons).

Two in a row with UNC.

The most fun I had was with Washington State. 1 Rose Bowl and 1 Las Vegas Bowl victory.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Your Dynasty(s) - Brief Updates/Recaps

I dont like offline dynasties not alot of challenge in it compared to online, but i like hearing stories
Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 9

That's cool. I'm in like 2020 with my Buffalo dynasty.

2008-12-2, MAC Champs, GMAC Bowl Champs
2009-13-1, MAC Champs, Motor City Bowl Champs
2010-13-1/14-0, MAC Champs, Motor City Bowl Champs
2011-14-0, MAC Champs, Motor City Bowl Champs

It might've been another bowl besides the MCB, but I know we were MAC Champs all four years.

After that, I moved into the ACC

2012-9-4, lost our bowl game
2013-5-6
2014-3-8 (I accidentally only played 11 games in 2013, 2014; also simmed these seasons)
2015-11-2, won our bowl, don't remember what it was
2016-12-1, missed-out on ACC Champ, won whatever Bowl we were in
2017-14-0, ACC Champs over FSU, National Champs

Got a two-year extension...

2018- 13-1, I think our loss was to UNC, ACC Champs over FSU, Orange Bowl Champs
2019-14-0, ACC Champs over FSU, Orange Bowl Champs

I just moved to LSU for the 2020 season.

While I was in the ACC, it was a very competitive conference. You had to go undefeated near every season in the Coastal division to get in the ACC Championship game... FSU was getting-in on the Atlantic side almost every year, though, with records varying from 8-4 to 11-1.

Also, my rivalry page should've gotten upgraded to include UNC, because either they or we would ruin the other teams undefeated season every year. However, this game doesn't work that way. Maybe next year...
Old 03-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

currently in year 2014 with Temple. haven't been playing it much as the CPU recruiting/roster management problem are very apparent now.

I play with a lot of house rule(no switching player when ball is in air, use ask corso plays on offense, no offensive players over 93 speed, etc...) to try and make it challenging.

so through 6 years and 1 game in on year 7:

career record 58-25
6 winning seasons
longest win streak of 8
record vs top 25 teams 7-9
record vs rivals 14-2(Pittsburgh, Buffalo, and Western Kentucky)
bowl record 3-3
conference titles 2

2008 - finished 9-5 - beat Ball State in the MAC Championship - lost to Rutgers in International Bowl - Virginia Tech beat Georgia in NC.

2009 - finished 8-6 - lost to 12-0 Ball State in MAC Championship - lost to Louisville in International Bowl - Ohio State beat Texas in NC.

2010 - finished 10-4 - Beat Ball State in MAC Chamionship - beat Troy in the Motor City Bowl - Boise State beat Ohio State in NC.

2011 - finished 9-4 - moved to the ACC(replaced Duke) - beat Tennessee in the Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl - Virginia Tech beat Arkansas in NC.

2012 - finished #21 10-3 - lost to Louisville in the Gator Bowl - Boise State beat Texas in NC.

2013 - finished #23 11-3 - lost to Florida State in ACC Championship - beat Auburn in Chick-Fil-A Bowl game - Texas A&M beat USC in NC.

2014 - currently #25 1-0. my best team rating-wise in this dynasty.

Last edited by Solidice; 03-03-2009 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 9

^Cool. You seem to be building-up a dynasty, but in a more methodical, realistic way than some of us do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox1994
^Cool. You seem to be building-up a dynasty, but in a more methodical, realistic way than some of us do it.
yea, it normally takes a while before I get my teams up there. in NCAA '08, it took me 11 seasons with MTSU to win my first NC with them. but the CPU recruiting/roster management in '09 along with the gameplay issues make that kind of build-up impossible without a ton of house rules. I could have easily gone 14-0 the last 3 years if I didn't use the ask corso feature. by the time I got to the ACC, all the teams were horrible. FSU was the highest rated team at 81 overall with 8 QBs.

thats why I basically stopped playing this offline dynasty. I may play a game here or there, but normally if I play a game of NCAA '09, it's an Online Dynasty game.
Old 03-03-2009, 07:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

Well all of mine are pretty bad and not far into it. I get bored after winning two national championships or going undefeated.

So right now I'm rolling with Rice in the 2nd season. Can't remember what I went or what bowl I went to, but I lost to VT and UCF in the C-USA Championship game. I went bowling and won.

This season, I lost all the good players on my offense (haha 97 speed receiver), and my good linebacker. The receiver won both the Heisman and returner of the year. In this dynasty, though, I'm onlt trying to win by playing defense, I just sim the offense.

So I have won about threeish games last second by either Pick 6's or Fumble Returns. My Strong Safety (My second one actually, the first one who is an all american dosnt do ****.) has 3-4 game winners, if not all.

I'm about 9-0 right now, and am probably going to go up north in a few seasons. I think to NIU? I still have to play VT, which is somehow my rival after like one game, but I have already beaten both Texas Tech and Texas this year. I think I am leading the nation in like turnovers and rushing defense. People pass all over me, though.

Recruting looks decent this year. Last year I landed a 4-Star SS, but this year I am about to pick up a 4-Star FS. Also a few LB's, DT's, and a CB.

I'm not planning on making a new dynasty, I wanna see how far I can go. Of course I'll play with different teams, but never actually make a new file. I think I'm going to go up north a bit, then probably to Miami. If and when I get bored with that, I'll start trying to build back up whatever team that is dominant now that isn't in my dynasty.

Except for Florida. I hate them.

Quick question though, while I am thinking about it. Do you get new rivals when you enter a new conference? I'll be shocked if I am not in the Big XII next season, and I'd love to see rivalrys with Texas or LSU. I say that because in my first season, I got them as a Pipeline state by chance.

For the rest of my career at Rice, I just want to get the best defense possible, and see how many states I can get to make a little empire thing. I know its weird, I just give scholarships to random 1-Stars. This season, I'm going for Oklahoma. It'll be tough, but once I get dominant, I'll screw recruting all together, and just try to accomplish this.

Getting the Dakota's will be hard.

Ah damn, now that I remember, I won some car company bowl. I wanna say Auto Zone liberty bowl, but I cannot remember whom I played.

I still have no shut-outs, and I'm just adding that to the list for accomplishments before I switch teams.

Any ideas for where to head to once I get to north are welcome. I don't really know what I want to do once I get up their.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »