Home

Tradition Football: Feb. Plays of The Month

This is a discussion on Tradition Football: Feb. Plays of The Month within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 PM   #9
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Tradition Football: Feb. Plays of The Month

Perhaps a link to the actual article would be better next time. I had to hunt for the actual link for a few minutes.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 03-04-2009, 02:56 PM   #10
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
Perhaps a link to the actual article would be better next time. I had to hunt for the actual link for a few minutes.
http://traditionfootball.com/?p=526
Old 03-04-2009, 03:07 PM   #11
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by muggins
it was the top feature story.. not sure why that would be hard to find, but your request is duely noted.

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
It is now the SW Era

muggins's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
it was the top feature story.. not sure why that would be hard to find, but your request is duely noted.
I was looking in the league notes part - I usually disregard the moving flash stuff at the top and just look for the link to the actual story on sites like that.

BAD BOYS BAD BOYS
Old 03-04-2009, 05:34 PM   #13
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

That was one of the better plays of my NCAA "career" (the #1 play). We were unbeaten at the time and have lost since, so it's all pretty much for naught now (although we'll take the win over the loss). But at the time, we were ahead 17-7 and were about to be involved in a very, very close game if Butler had gotten in. I hit-stuck that mofo and the ball popped loose, and about 12 seconds later it was 24-7 instead of 17-14. big play for us.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:36 PM   #14
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I got called a cheeser cuz I put up 112 on ucf with florida in the OFFL 1. It was on AA. They say I shoulda simmed after half time but if I woulda simmed the score woulda been worse cuz uf woulda scored every play. All but one of my 2nd half tds were runs. Such BS

They called me a cheeser because the year before I had OU and even then I averaged nearly 75 pts a game and had the number one rush offense, averaging about 450+ per game. They said it was no way I should be scorin that many point unless I was cheesing. But they must not realize that people get better and get used to the same sliders over time. Plus my team was faster so what did they expect?! I dont see how I cheesed when I had like 11 rush tds. And I dont even run a spread or the option. The sliders were just ez and UCF was slow. Not my fault

What really got me was when they said I struggled in user games but demolished the cpu. Thats cuz guys I was playin did lead blocks on runs and alot of PA. Back then I used to run man D cuz i didnt know it sucked that bad. Lol. If I were to play either of them again w/o them lead blocking I bet neither of them would score
Yeah this is really off topic, but strangely, I feel like responding!

I wasn't involved in that league. All I know is that I have one of the lowest-scoring teams in the Tradition 1 league. If you don't think I couldn't score 80-90 points per game against the cpu, and then say something like "how could I help scoring 80 points per game?" - you're crazy. It's called self control, git sum.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:09 PM   #15
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Yeah this is really off topic, but strangely, I feel like responding!

I wasn't involved in that league. All I know is that I have one of the lowest-scoring teams in the Tradition 1 league. If you don't think I couldn't score 80-90 points per game against the cpu, and then say something like "how could I help scoring 80 points per game?" - you're crazy. It's called self control, git sum.
The thing is other guys were averaging just as many points. Running for an entire half is self control. Running out of bounds just stops the clock. The only way for me not to score would have been to punt the ball every time I got it back. Like you or anyone else would do that

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 06:18 PM   #16
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
The thing is other guys were averaging just as many points. Running for an entire half is self control. Running out of bounds just stops the clock. The only way for me not to score would have been to punt the ball every time I got it back. Like you or anyone else would do that

I dunno, I mean we have guys averaging 10 yards a carry in my league, I average 4.5. Mostly because I have slow backs, but even in other leagues when I have fast ones, I call plays that I know might not work, stay away from running to the outside very often, and I punt quite often actually. I really think the choice is.. Play on sliders that make the game absolutely ridiculous in favor of the cpu... Or make some effort to keep the game under control by punting the ball, etc. and rely on the user v. user games for realism.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »