Home

WideOpen Gameplay Gift and a Curse

This is a discussion on WideOpen Gameplay Gift and a Curse within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: WideOpen Gameplay Gift and a Curse

I think the problem they've always had with this is that they can't seem to get the "some players take good angles, some players take bad angles" thing down pat.

All the players seemingly take the same angles, and the quality of the angle is determined by the difficulty level.

In order to create a realistic open field scenario where you can make moves and have spectacular plays result, you CANNOT have perfect angles factored in. It just wouldn't work. You want some guys to be taking the perfect angle, while guys with lower pursuit ratings don't take such good routes to the ball. This would be another factor that could make a great team great and a bad team bad.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:16 PM   #10
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
I think the problem they've always had with this is that they can't seem to get the "some players take good angles, some players take bad angles" thing down pat.

All the players seemingly take the same angles, and the quality of the angle is determined by the difficulty level.

In order to create a realistic open field scenario where you can make moves and have spectacular plays result, you CANNOT have perfect angles factored in. It just wouldn't work. You want some guys to be taking the perfect angle, while guys with lower pursuit ratings don't take such good routes to the ball. This would be another factor that could make a great team great and a bad team bad.
i agree 100%. what makes me upset and others im sure is when defenders run along side of you. i agree that pursuit should factor in how good the angle of a player has but once the ball carrier is in arms reach there needs to be animations that have the defender doing anything possible to bring the ball carrier down. diving, grabing a leg or arm, grabbing the jersey pushing them sideways or anything that will cause some contact. i think the limited animations is hurting this because it seems that when players are some angles they dont have a animation for it and they are trying to get to a postition that triggers a tackle animation.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:52 AM   #11
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
i agree 100%. what makes me upset and others im sure is when defenders run along side of you. i agree that pursuit should factor in how good the angle of a player has but once the ball carrier is in arms reach there needs to be animations that have the defender doing anything possible to bring the ball carrier down. diving, grabing a leg or arm, grabbing the jersey pushing them sideways or anything that will cause some contact. i think the limited animations is hurting this because it seems that when players are some angles they dont have a animation for it and they are trying to get to a postition that triggers a tackle animation.
....And don't get me started on the dreaded "reach out and fall down" animation... AAARRRGH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 12:59 AM   #12
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
....And don't get me started on the dreaded "reach out and fall down" animation... AAARRRGH
The "greased pig" animation as some would say, is by far the most ******** excuse for an animation I have ever seen in a sports game. How or why would you even mocap a guy pretending to try to tackle? They should make more than facemasks grabble next year. I'd love to see a guy reach for a player's jersey and pull it while bringing down a guy or being dragged

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »