Home

So which game are we getting? (New Photo inside)

This is a discussion on So which game are we getting? (New Photo inside) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2009, 12:52 AM   #9
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: So which game are we getting? (New Photo inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Having it in user created replays won't be so bad. But I'm really, really hoping for these shots to show up in auto-replays. It would really add a lot to the presentation. I don't know how you guys feel, but to me the auto-replays in this game could be a whole lot stronger and more immersive.
I just hope they finally make an option to turn off the stupid auto-snapshot feature so we could see more auto-replays. or at least keep it "under the hood" or something, so it doesn't distract from the game/presentation.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I just hope they finally make an option to turn off the stupid auto-snapshot feature so we could see more auto-replays. or at least keep it "under the hood" or something, so it doesn't distract from the game/presentation.
I agree. It's horrible. It's just one more of those annoying things that EA keeps doing to totally ruin the concept of sim and broadcast. I just don't understand how stuff like this gets in the game. I don't wanna see a photoshoot during a football game, lol... I mean, when did football turn into an episode of America's Next Top Model?

So you got NCAA trying to be America's Next Top Model with the photoshoot, and Madden trying to be Dancing with the Stars with the celebration light squares. Maybe next season when you get injured there'll be a Star Trek light beam that comes from the sky and beams you into the locker room for x-rays as opposed to the incredibly psychic and immediate on-the-field diagnosis we've been getting the last 4 years... would make sense to where they've been taking these games...

I'd bet a good amount that somehow this junk is still there in NCAA 2010, without an option to turn it off.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 03-09-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Are we getting this game where we get great shots like this actually occurring in auto-replays?:

Or are we getting the game in the second photo below, that basically looks just like last year's and we never see cool shots like the first shot during any point of the game?

... which one is it gonna be?
This seems a bit of unfair judgement , they are 2 completly different views. if they were both close up then i would be able to see where your going with this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:

I'd bet a good amount that somehow this junk is still there in NCAA 2010, without an option to turn it off.
I agree with this a lot, but its funny maybe if this was pushed more it we would've gotten this option.Instead we will get more towels and half sleeves under armor!!!! and its really because of what most of the people giving these apparel ideas instead or stuff like what u just stated.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #13
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
This seems a bit of unfair judgement , they are 2 completly different views. if they were both close up then i would be able to see where your going with this.
Really? All I was saying is that we never get closeups like the first pic during auto-replays. Wouldn't those be hot instead of the replays we get now with those bad angles, that are so disconnected from the action?

I'd contend that in user activated replays when you zoom closeup with 09, it doesn't really look any different (some games do, but I don't really see it in NCAA myself). It's just closer. The two photos of 2010 look different from each other. I just wanna know how consistent it's going to be.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:

I'd contend that in user activated replays when you zoom closeup with 09, it doesn't really look any different (some games do, but I don't really see it in NCAA myself). It's just closer. The two photos of 2010 look different from each other. I just wanna know how consistent it's going to be.
I understand what ur saying but the view from further out will be less detailed than the close up view, thats the reason why i said its unfair to compare both. if you had 2 equal depth visuals and one looked horrid compared to the other then i guess i wouldve followed what u were saying alot better.

Also your sig is funny,2k sports came out with all pro football which is exactly like 2k5 but with lil upgrades here or there and no one got it to the point where u dont see them talking about a all pro football 2k9/or 10. they practically gave it away to their loyal fans for 20$ and lil no one bought it, so much for presentation....
Old 03-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
I understand what ur saying but the view from further out will be less detailed than the close up view, thats the reason why i said its unfair to compare both. if you had 2 equal depth visuals and one looked horrid compared to the other then i guess i wouldve followed what u were saying alot better.
You know, the replays we get often times in NCAA are pretty far away and not close like pic one but more like pic two. Not as far as pic two but far enough away to suck, lol. But as I eluded to earlier, even closeup right now in 09 the game doesn't look like photo one.

But basically, my concern is with whether or not we're going to see auto-replays that are like pic one and my point was that the overall look and lighting looks far superior to the second shot. That's not a matter of distance; when you look at the two shots you can tell that there are heavy effects being used while the second shot isn't getting them. Take the blur effect on pic one for example. This effect was used on the crowd even during shots at a distance in Madden 06, Madden 07, NCAA 07, and NFL Head Coach 09. But in the second photo (the shot at a distance), the blur effect is absent on the crowd image, while the closeup shot has it. The problem there is, the distance shot needs it too to cover up the issue of the crowd looking, well, bad due to the hits caused by 60 frames.

Quote:
Also your sig is funny,2k sports came out with all pro football which is exactly like 2k5 but with lil upgrades here or there and no one got it to the point where u dont see them talking about a all pro football 2k9/or 10. they practically gave it away to their loyal fans for 20$ and lil no one bought it, so much for presentation....
I've heard that lots of times, but I didn't think APF was exactly like 2K5 at all. I think the dying down of talk about having a new APF is in a lot of ways an indication that a lot of people didn't get the same robust experience from APF as they did 2K5, and were so disappointed that the level of interest for another 2K Football game is pretty much nothing now. I wish it were exactly like 2K5 because I'd still be playing it. APF had the skeleton of 2K5, but not the meat or lifeblood that made 2K5 an all-time classic (presentation, customization of experience, strong presentation, etc). 2K5 was sold for $19.99 and sold nearly 3.5 million copies. It was a huge success... that would of course turn out to be both a gift and a curse for all of us.

APF was a valiant effort considering how the game had to be constructed, but still it was a sloppy game with poor conceptual design, and it signified where 2K Sports products overall have been going since the EA/NFL deal... right down the toilet. The world has passed them by, and the 2K football team no longer has the genius touch they once had that had EA and the Madden Team scrambling to find ways to shut them down (although they did wage one more attack in response to APF).

Last edited by TheWatcher; 03-09-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 11:01 PM   #16
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
plus screens that come straight from the dev are usually better quality too. '09 looked good in still shots on the TV, but by the time you saved the photo to HD and uploaded it to ESW site, the quality drops. but if you took a screen straight from the TV(TV capture card, etc.) it would look a lot better. I'm sure EA used some kind of capture card for their screens.

I could upload and show you some pics of NCAA '07(360) and the game looked good(player models weren't as good as '09 though), because the resolution of the saved screenshots in '07 were better. '07 didn't use the game-to-web upload feature, but you could take the picture off the hard drive and convert it to .jpg on your PC.

i did notice in the screenshot that the "shine" seemed to be toned down, but it could have been the time of the game though.
We don't have to use a capture card for screenshots, just videos. If we want a screenshot we just do this....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (257.2 KB, 192 views)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »