Home

Make speed just like kick power!!

This is a discussion on Make speed just like kick power!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2009, 08:09 PM   #9
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Make speed just like kick power!!

The only player that needed a 99 in this decade, I believe, was Devin Hester (and that wasn't even because he was that fast, but more to replicate his elusiveness). Speed definitely needs to be reworked in 2010, it's a gamebreaker if done as poorly as it was in 09.
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 03-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

Thats the thing. If the 99 spd guys weren't all good the speed factor would even out. Do you want a 99 spd guy thats horrible or the 94 spd guy thats balanced. On the game u take the 99 spd guy and he's the savior which makes the 99 spd guys a flaw. But if they all weren't good it would even out. For example, if we make Ussain Bolt, all ratings would be 0-5 with 99 spd and 99 acc. He would fumble a lot and he would be easy to hit cuz he is not agile. No need to keep going cuz we all know what football players are. I think we all agree that the point is, Bolt wouldn't be that special player that comes around once in a while just because he has 99 spd. Now if he catches a screen pass with no 1 on him we all know the result. lol

When players start running 40's in their equipment I'll respect the 40 times. I hate how they are knocking Mike Crabtree cuz he's not "fast". I saw him play football and he passed my eye test.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:30 PM   #11
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

I think everyone in here has the same idea. Speed should no longer be the deciding factor. If the top receiver in the nation is an 85 overall with 87 speed, he should be a more dominant WR then the 3* 99 spd wr that's a 72 overall, but it's not the case, and for many people the slow WR becomes a TE. Runningbacks, wide receivers, corners, and all other skill positions should need to be more then just fast. Strength, catching, break tackle, all of it should play a large part in how a player turns out.

I agree that Devin Hester should have been a 99.
The only players I see in the past several years that should have been 99 speed is DeAngelo Hall, Devin Hester, & Trindon Holliday, but Holliday shouldn't be good overall, and shouldn't be a huge game breaker like Hall & Hester were in college. Holliday is fast, but he's not the next big thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

I agree with everything u just said! Including the Holliday opinion
Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #13
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwk2009
I think everyone in here has the same idea. Speed should no longer be the deciding factor. If the top receiver in the nation is an 85 overall with 87 speed, he should be a more dominant WR then the 3* 99 spd wr that's a 72 overall, but it's not the case, and for many people the slow WR becomes a TE. Runningbacks, wide receivers, corners, and all other skill positions should need to be more then just fast. Strength, catching, break tackle, all of it should play a large part in how a player turns out.

I agree that Devin Hester should have been a 99.
The only players I see in the past several years that should have been 99 speed is DeAngelo Hall, Devin Hester, & Trindon Holliday, but Holliday shouldn't be good overall, and shouldn't be a huge game breaker like Hall & Hester were in college. Holliday is fast, but he's not the next big thing.
1st Holliday is faster than both Hester and Hall. He just doesnt get enough touches because Les Miles isnt a good coach. But he is the best combonation of track and football speed and should be a 101 spd and 101 acc! I like Madden rescaling there rosters NCAA should do the same 99's should be super rare in any rating.
Holliday should be the only 99 spd.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:13 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 24

What, no love for Darrius Heyward-Bey, who just ran a 4.26 at the NFL Combine and has burned teams with his lightning speed multiple times? A couple examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7PgcgLyGpU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCm5...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-rE...eature=related

I know the 40-time is overrated, but it only proved that DHB was one of the fastest players in the country last year but no one knows about him because he plays for MD and their pro-style offense.

But I digress, and the original thread topic is legit. Speed ratings need to be scaled back.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #15
Rookie

rwk2009's Arena

OVR: 5

Holliday should be 99 speed... in track shoes, with no pads on.
He's fast, but not as fast as Hall, and maybe as fast as hester, but not faster.
Hall was timed at 4.16 or 4.18 running his 40 at Virginia Tech, I'm not saying that's 100% accurate, but the guy can fly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #16
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler289
What, no love for Darrius Heyward-Bey, who just ran a 4.26 at the NFL Combine and has burned teams with his lightning speed multiple times? A couple examples: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7PgcgLyGpU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCm5...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HI-rE...eature=related

I know the 40-time is overrated, but it only proved that DHB was one of the fastest players in the country last year but no one knows about him because he plays for MD and their pro-style offense.

But I digress, and the original thread topic is legit. Speed ratings need to be scaled back.
The 96 yarder was great

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »