Home

NCAA Importing Players to Madden

This is a discussion on NCAA Importing Players to Madden within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2009, 04:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Cvhsalumni's Arena

OVR: 6
NCAA Importing Players to Madden

I am a huge fan of importing draft classes to Madden and I have an idea that may help that process.

What if in NCAA they had a "NFL Potential" Rating that determined how good they were when imported.

For instance, Colt Brennan is rated 95-99 in NCAA but his NFL Potential rating is only 70 which means his Madden rating will be about 70% of his NCAA rating. For a player like Stafford who has an NCAA rating that may only be a 92-95 but has an NFL potential rating of 80 or so. Tim Tebow is a good example. 99 overall in NCAA but a low 70's NFL potential rating would put him in the low 70s overall as a rookie in Madden.

I just hate when I import and the ratings are super high or players who do not have a lot of NFL potential come in as high draft picks. There are flaws to the idea but it is a fun one to kick around and wanted to see what others thoughts are.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: NCAA Importing Players to Madden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cvhsalumni
I am a huge fan of importing draft classes to Madden and I have an idea that may help that process.

What if in NCAA they had a "NFL Potential" Rating that determined how good they were when imported.

For instance, Colt Brennan is rated 95-99 in NCAA but his NFL Potential rating is only 70 which means his Madden rating will be about 70% of his NCAA rating. For a player like Stafford who has an NCAA rating that may only be a 92-95 but has an NFL potential rating of 80 or so. Tim Tebow is a good example. 99 overall in NCAA but a low 70's NFL potential rating would put him in the low 70s overall as a rookie in Madden.

I just hate when I import and the ratings are super high or players who do not have a lot of NFL potential come in as high draft picks. There are flaws to the idea but it is a fun one to kick around and wanted to see what others thoughts are.
Good idea I just dont know how they can sucessfully implement something like this. Meaning who or what decides what players NFL potential rating will be.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #3
Rookie

Cvhsalumni's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree. Having the option to set it yourself would be fun though.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:27 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 29

good idea i'm still wondering how QB's will transfer over this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »