Home

Think we'll ever get band/team specific halftime shows like this in NCAA?

This is a discussion on Think we'll ever get band/team specific halftime shows like this in NCAA? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 07:32 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: Think we'll ever get band/team specific halftime shows like this in NCAA?

it would take away time and resources from the overall production. that's something we just dont need right now. not saying this wouldn't be a cool extra, but currently it's too much work for something that would appeal to very few gamers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 07:40 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallyBoi7
Actually in that clip, the user controls the halftime show. But I agree, it's not a feature that we need.
I think we need presentation and more parts to it in this game. So I disagree just for the fact that this game is anemic presentation-wise. On the contrary, we need as many elements to help that as possible.

In general, it's disheartening to hear people actually asking for less from a game that's really given us next to nothing this generation but under-delivery. I could understand if the game was a monster for all years of the gen, but it's been far from it and by now all of these sorts of things should've been in. Go play 07 for 360 and see where they were going with that game, then go play 08 and 09 and see how it's been going backwards in just about every area with the on-the-field product except animations which can also be debated since the newer ones have no true accountability to weight and physics in the proper manner.

They got rid of cutscenes and replaced them with what? Nothing. You got a terrible looking huddle/lineup instead, some ugly Mascot scenes, Cheerleaders that don't even wear their team names, lol... awful post-play camera's. But you want less?

Once people start realizing that the entire team is not working on one area for the entire cycle, and that there are plenty of people available to make these elements happen, this stuff about "don't put this in! Fix gameplay" will thankfully end.

We all know gameplay is the most important thing, I just don't understand people's need to express that in response to every post that doesn't talk about gameplay. All of these things; gameplay, presentation, atmosphere have there place to be talked about and they are all important and when one of them is missing you have an incomplete product and that's exactly what we have now, an incomplete product. If it were all about gameplay and nothing else mattered then why are you even playing this on 360 and PS3? Because nothing they're doing in this generation is any better except the player models, poly's and textures and that's just by virtue of having greater tech to work with. The gameplay is certainly not better and 4 years in we've got none of these extra's and the gameplay isn't any better. It's time to realize that there is a larger problem here, and asking for less elements from a thin on-field experience is obviously not the answer... it hasn't helped as of yet because the gameplay still hasn't been great.

We should be demanding more.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 03-17-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
it would take away time and resources from the overall production. that's something we just dont need right now. not saying this wouldn't be a cool extra, but currently it's too much work for something that would appeal to very few gamers.
Yet at the same time, people ask for more work on online dynasty which appeals to very few gamers. More people will notice the presentation elements before they ever touch online dynasty, if they ever touch it at all. Actually, everyone will notice the presentation elements before they ever touch online dynasty if they ever touch online dynasty at all.

And I'm not saying that I necessarily want this particular band-thing "right now", the point is we need more presentation elements. We do need them, because the game is too thin and the experience feels weak. What we need is an exceptional well-rounded game and we're not getting that.

The other thing is the impact to production some are thinking of is greatly inflated. It wouldn't take as much away as you guys think it would, but it of course all depends on how involved it is. If you're making sequences with multiples for 120 Teams then yes it will take some time and may take a cycle or two to get right. But lots of things go through the same process every year. I'd bet that Online dynasty took more than a cycle to get together properly... it still didn't work totally smooth out of the box, and it was far more involved than a band sequence would be, and the impact of that had to be great because of all that's involved in a feature like that. It's not the same deal.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 03-17-2009 at 07:56 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:41 PM   #28
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

To the person who commented about watching a halftime show, OBVIOUSLY you would have the ability to hit A or X to skip the show. Some people like to mash A until everyone is up to the LOS skipping every possible cut scene or post play action, and some people like to watch these moments.

I remember back on PS2/XBOX there was a good 2 minute pre game show. Highlighting two players to watch and Lee Corso's pick. Then off to midfield for an ACTUAL coin toss. Now we get to see the camera pan around the stadium then watch a coin flip.

It just makes the presentation REALLY dry.

Sorry to go off topic. I agree with the OP on the sounds being a little too studio quality rather than band in the stands quality.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:35 PM   #29
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Why would you want that in the game? You're not going to watch it over and over....

At this point, I want usable stuff that varies that I won't quickly bore of.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:32 AM   #30
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
... because it's authentic to College Football.
I understand that but the players also go to class (usually) and I sure as hell dont want to do that in this game.

Quote:
The band show wouldn't even last two minutes (see the video I posted)... and what would it replace? The nothing we have now? LOL. So you'd rather have nothing as opposed to something authentic to College Football?

Also, there is an interactive Rockband version of this that BCFX is doing. I think it would be cool to have that kind of thing as an option. See those guys get it. I don't know how the game plays, but they're certainly doing more experience-wise than NCAA has done in any of the games they've released this generation (although I thought NCAA 07 was on the right track).

The game right now is boring, every part of it is boring. There is no presentation, and nothing exciting about it.
Ok maybe 10 minutes was an exageration. As cool as that would be If I want to play rock band I will play Rock band...

Quote:
The people working on this would have nothing to do with gameplay. As it's been stated more times than I can count, they have different groups working within the team. This would take nothing away from gameplay. Art is going to do the bulk of the work there.
Yeah but Ea would have to hire more people which wont happen and this would take up and insane amount of space on the disc.

Maybe I was a little harsh saying I don't understand why anyone would want this in the game. I understand why people would want this in the game but I just don't think it is necessary. People complain about gameplay, glitches, lack of FCS, lack of CAS, not enough jerseys. The list goes on and on and then people ask for this. There are only so many people who work on this game and only so much room on the disc which means they can only do so much, we are not going to get everything we want and to me getting CAS and better gameplay is higher on the list then a half time show.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:33 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Wow the band takes a better pursuit angle then the A.I does in ncaa 09...iam sorry i just had to say that. still a great game ea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 01:08 AM   #32
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by i c u cant stop me
Wow the band takes a better pursuit angle then the A.I does in ncaa 09...iam sorry i just had to say that. still a great game ea.
best funny of the day!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »