Home

My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

This is a discussion on My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-16-2009, 02:32 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: My commish admitted to cheesing...Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmanj
All i gotta say is, i think i'm in this dynasty and USC is on my schedule....
Lol what team are you using and i will tell you if its your commish lol this is fun.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:33 PM   #10
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

I found none of those scenarios cheese.

What we cant run FB dives no more?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
Yeah. Everyone has their own definition of cheese. To me, cheese is running the same few plays over and over again. Regardless of whether there is really some kind of glitch with the play, if you're only running a few plays you're obviously doing it because those plays are too easy to succeed with. I also think play styles that are totally unrealistic to real football (i.e. consistently dropping back 15 yards with the QB) are cheese. That's JMHO.

Personally, I don't consider play-action, FB dives, or option to be cheese. Maybe if a user has figured out a way to consistently pitch the ball accurately while their QB is being slung around like a sack of potatoes, that would be cheese. As far as this thread, there doesn't seem to be anything of substance to it. The thread title starts off with "My commish" but the fact that the other guy is a commish seems to have zero relevance. The whole thread just seems like a personal complaint.
yes these are my Opinions also, i think cheese is when u do something outragously unrealistic like stick ur fastest guy at QB just to take off every play or run the option with him every play.

but its funny when u hear people classify plays as cheese because most times its the plays that take a lil extra to stop.

Last edited by Allaboutme; 03-16-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 PM   #12
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
I'm not sure I follow.

At the beginning you say:
"He tried to call me cheesy cuz I ran PA on 3rd and short to make him think I was running."

But later you say:
"To him:
I only threw deep cuz I got one on one. I had Terrell Pryor at QB. If I really wanted to cheese I coulda. But fb dives and pa to flats are cheesy yo. "

The first part makes it sound like he thinks PA on 3rd & short is cheesy. The second part makes it sound like you think PA to flats is cheesy.

The only thing I could really gather as far as differences of opinion is that he thinks running the option a few times (3-4 times according to you) is cheesy, and you think running the FB is cheesy (less than 4 times according to him, 5 times according to you).

Yeah. On most PA on 3rd n short im just tryna get the first, but if i see one on one deep ima throw a bomb. I have alot of people that will be behind me in saying that running fb dives and pa to the flats is cheesy compared to running the option.

And its not that I couldnt stop it but if Im in a "sim" league im not gonna put any effort into stopping cheese plays. I dont even call defenses that stop cheesy plays in "sim" league. Cuz I figure that if you're gonna start or be in a sim league the least u can do is play sim. My hb and fb went out on almost every pass and my hb only had one catch and that was on a curl. lol. but im good

Old 03-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Yeah. On most PA on 3rd n short im just tryna get the first, but if i see one on one deep ima throw a bomb. I have alot of people that will be behind me in saying that running fb dives and pa to the flats is cheesy compared to running the option.

And its not that I couldnt stop it but if Im in a "sim" league im not gonna put any effort into stopping cheese plays. I dont even call defenses that stop cheesy plays in "sim" league. Cuz I figure that if you're gonna start or be in a sim league the least u can do is play sim. My hb and fb went out on almost every pass and my hb only had one catch and that was on a curl. lol. but im good
I mean if you need to stop a continous passes to the flats theres defenses for that just Cov2 it, but it sounds like u lost big kinda because of the excessive turnovers. also the FB dive again i dont consider it Cheesing because usually u can sense when its coming to stack the box for it, cuz i never seen it ran on 1st and 10 just saying.but good luck to you folks.

I need 31 dollars...
Old 03-16-2009, 02:44 PM   #14
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Lol what team are you using and i will tell you if its your commish lol this is fun.
Stanford! Stanford has no chance against cheese lol
Old 03-16-2009, 02:47 PM   #15
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

What's a "'sim' league"? And why are FB dives and throwing to the flats cheesy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 02:48 PM   #16
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
I mean if you need to stop a continous passes to the flats theres defenses for that just Cov2 it, but it sounds like u lost big kinda because of the excessive turnovers. also the FB dive again i dont consider it Cheesing because usually u can sense when its coming to stack the box for it, cuz i never seen it ran on 1st and 10 just saying.but good luck to you folks.

I need 31 dollars...
31 dollars? lol

I know what plays to call to stop cheesy plays. But if im in an od vs a cheeser i dont even play the same cuz it frustrates the hell outta me. And if u read the OP i said that i woulda lost cuz of turnovers anyway, but I only lost by like 9. And he didnt just run fb dive on short yardage situations. if so i coulda predicted it. Im not callin him a cheeser but some of his plays were cheesesque,

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »