Home

Conference Logos will not change.

This is a discussion on Conference Logos will not change. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 04:55 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Conference Logos will not change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Maybe. It would have to be approved.

I'm going to have to come up with something though, cause I really want this in next year.
OMT, is my question has already been answered somewhere please let me know where so I can go and read it.

I understand that conference logos will not be in the game this year, could you just school me on what kept you guys from being able to put that into the game? I know lots of people throw out the theory that if you can do team-specific bowl endzones, you could do this too, but I'd really like to hear from one of you guys about why this didn't make the game ...

Thanks in advance

Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrabbit
OMT, is my question has already been answered somewhere please let me know where so I can go and read it.

I understand that conference logos will not be in the game this year, could you just school me on what kept you guys from being able to put that into the game? I know lots of people throw out the theory that if you can do team-specific bowl endzones, you could do this too, but I'd really like to hear from one of you guys about why this didn't make the game ...

Thanks in advance
Here's my guess: When you have a conference logo on the field, it is specific to that field (ie: the texture of the field, the colors of the field around it, and so forth). Unfortunately, the logos are probably not "plug and play" like we would imagine them to be. Rather, the conference logos are apart of the actual field. To make it look right in the future, you would have to build a separate logo for each and every field.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:11 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
Here's my guess: When you have a conference logo on the field, it is specific to that field (ie: the texture of the field, the colors of the field around it, and so forth). Unfortunately, the logos are probably not "plug and play" like we would imagine them to be. Rather, the conference logos are apart of the actual field. To make it look right in the future, you would have to build a separate logo for each and every field.
Thanks for your guess.

I'd still like to hear from any of the game producers though

Spoiler
Old 03-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #28
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
Right. And we have gone over it in this thread. We have technology now to do the "plug and play" as you term it (nice.. that's basically it!). However we did not have the art time to create all the conference logos as their own texture, remove them from all the existing textures, and then update the game code for placing them all dynamically in the correct spot.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:04 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 29

OMT thanks very much for all the answers. i was skeptical about this thread, but you gave us some really good info and explained it all perfectly.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #30
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

OMT, is it possible to switch schools within the same conference for division alignment purposes?
Old 03-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #31
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
OMT, is it possible to switch schools within the same conference for division alignment purposes?
you can.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »