Home

Speed Burst

This is a discussion on Speed Burst within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #17
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Speed Burst

I hate the sprint button. But if they're gonna have it, they should at least have it add to fatigue A LOT and make cuts and moves MUCH more difficult. Right now, you can turn on a dime while in a full sprint. Yeah, right...
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 03-17-2009, 10:25 PM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cane_Mutiny
I hate the sprint button. But if they're gonna have it, they should at least have it add to fatigue A LOT and make cuts and moves MUCH more difficult. Right now, you can turn on a dime while in a full sprint. Yeah, right...
Thats why I say just reduce it to a "burst" button. Nobody sprints the whole play it hardly ever happens if ever. But player have a extra gear that should be represented. But you shouldnt be able to just mash the "sprint" button and run at top speed the whole play fatigue or not! Not saying the shouldnt add fatigue because they should during the run ,but the "sprint" button needs to go it just isnt "sim"

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-17-2009, 11:03 PM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Burst? Nah. It sounds too arcadey. I think for this year we can do with there still being a sprint trigger. But next year, next year lets get rid of it.

Old 03-17-2009, 11:28 PM   #20
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Burst? Nah. It sounds too arcadey. I think for this year we can do with there still being a sprint trigger. But next year, next year lets get rid of it.
Sorry but "bursts" are very sim. You never heard of the pharse "Burst through the hole"? What about defender having "close out speed" which means that they burst to the ball or to a tackle.

Player dont go around just sprinting all play but they can find another gear quickly at the right time during the play. And a burst button can show this burst!

Old 03-18-2009, 03:18 AM   #21
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

For anybody who think a "burst button" is arcadey

Examples of Burst!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2j-Vp_Zj4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNxQls1JNwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERamAQrwKtE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsex0ceiDtk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnCm5Uhh6XE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCO0sRPJEZ8

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 AM   #22
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
No what I was saying is I would like for the sprint button to be redone and made into a burst button. I played football all my life and I dont remember sprinting the whole play every play. I think the sprint button doesnt properly reflect how speed and acceleration really plays out on the field.
I agree, but it is the best representation there is. I think the RB should be the burst button. How many people actually cover the ball up to begin with using the RB button. This way you have the speed button to turn it up a notch and a button to get you through the hole and make to the second level.

We are agreeing on the issue just have different thoughts for it. I am definitely feeling what you are saying.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:06 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

A burst button or the analog stick is good idea as long as it set right we dont need anything over the top.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:21 PM   #24
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I agree, but it is the best representation there is. I think the RB should be the burst button. How many people actually cover the ball up to begin with using the RB button. This way you have the speed button to turn it up a notch and a button to get you through the hole and make to the second level.

We are agreeing on the issue just have different thoughts for it. I am definitely feeling what you are saying.
I am not sure we are. I would like to see the "burst button" replace the "sprint button" I dont want the "sprint button" at all. Players should only reach top speed in a short distance after the burst( & based on there ratings) and that is only if they dont have to make a major change of direction.

It just seem pointless to mash a button to control what ratings ,physics and a players surrounding should control. There is a difference between running fast and sprinting. As a player your trying to move fast every play but players only sprint when there in the open field. IMO that should happen naturally if you press the stick straight ahead with out moving it a player should reach top speed on his own.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 03-18-2009 at 01:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »