Home

Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10?

This is a discussion on Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #9
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Ways to stop "cheesing" in NCAA 10?

I wouldn't want to play in league where I couldn't choose the playbook I like to use.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #10
Rookie

justmanj's Arena

OVR: 12

There is only one thing that i agree with about this post. Turning the speed button off. NHL 08 was the first next gen sports game (that moves at a fast pace) that took away the speed burst button. It ran so smooth and never found myself begging for a speed button. If there is a sprint button it should only be enabled in straight line runs. The trigger or button holding is too easy, the runners can cut on a dime going full speed?? Thats not true to life. Tell me LSU's Holliday can make a sharp right while going full speed? Guy can hardly drift to the right when he's going full speed. It would actually give the speed and acceleration ratings a meaning! Right now the only speed rating that means anything is anything over 97. Its a wash anywhere else and that is ridiculous.

The only thing that i can see making a speed burst work is the button mashing speed. At least then a person (unless the have god like stick skills) would have to slow down to make sharp cuts.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:27 PM   #11
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

All terrible ideas in my opinion and some of them would be nearly impossible to implement without introducing completely new features to the game.

They simply need to make the game account for all ratings and reduce the success of a few money plays and then the field will be balanced again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 06:17 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 15

i think putting in an option to keep DBs playing DB, LB at LB etc, might not be a bad idea.

Its just an OPTION though
Old 03-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
i think putting in an option to keep DBs playing DB, LB at LB etc, might not be a bad idea.

Its just an OPTION though

Football is all about change. If I have a CB that is 6'2 210 pounds and can lay the wood I would want him at saftey or if I over commit LBs and I see some are good in coverage or blitzing I should be able to move them to DE or saftey without any stats being deducted from them(maybe awareness but thats it).

That was my biggest pet peeve in NCAA. Half the time I would have 10 great safties or LBs that wanted to come to my school and I would get them and when I wanted to try and get them onto the field they would lose 10-15 points of speed and other physical stats.

It may have been put in place to stop cheesing or it could have been a glitch that they havent fixed in forever but players move around in football.

Jamal Anderson of the Falcons was commited as a WR in college and moved to DE and put on 50 pounds or something like that to play DE. These types of moves happen all the time in football. If you have a talented player who wants to play he will change his position so he can get out on the field. His mental stats should change but not his physical.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc

Jamal Anderson of the Falcons was commited as a WR in college and moved to DE and put on 50 pounds or something like that to play DE. These types of moves happen all the time in football. If you have a talented player who wants to play he will change his position so he can get out on the field. His mental stats should change but not his physical.
your acting like this transition happens this smoothly for every player or every team.
Old 03-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
your acting like this transition happens this smoothly for every player or every team.
Do you not watch the Path to the draft or NFL total access?

Seriously because thats almost all they talk about is players moving to different spots and being able to play those. CBs that are to slow get moved to saftey. Safteys that are to slow get moved to LB. LBs get moved to saftey and DE. DEs will make the change to LB or DT. DTs in 3-4 will be DEs. Try making half of these changes in NCAA and see what happens to their stats.

The move from WR to DE would be a tough thing and not to many players can pull it off. That was one of the best examples of a player from no were moving to a spot you wouldnt think possible. Football is all about finding the spot where you play best and where your team needs you to play. For Jamal he changed to DE and is still a starter in the NFL which is more then most people can say.

Heck, there are QBs and HBs that played LB in highschool that picked one in college and went with it. If I get a offensive player and I see he would be better suited on my team to play defense then I should be able to move him without the 10 point speed dock. If I see my RT is to weak to play T on my line I should be able to move him to TE without see his stats get jacked up.

If they want to make the game sim then they need to let us do what we want with our players we get without killing what they physically are. I would even say as much to dock awareness and play recongiton because each position has its own view of the game and it takes time to adjust mentaly to it but physically if your fast you are fast if your strong you are strong. Changing where you play on your team offically doesnt change that period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
Do you not watch the Path to the draft or NFL total access?

Seriously because thats almost all they talk about is players moving to different spots and being able to play those. CBs that are to slow get moved to saftey. Safteys that are to slow get moved to LB. LBs get moved to saftey and DE. DEs will make the change to LB or DT. DTs in 3-4 will be DEs. Try making half of these changes in NCAA and see what happens to their stats.

The move from WR to DE would be a tough thing and not to many players can pull it off. That was one of the best examples of a player from no were moving to a spot you wouldnt think possible. Football is all about finding the spot where you play best and where your team needs you to play. For Jamal he changed to DE and is still a starter in the NFL which is more then most people can say.

Heck, there are QBs and HBs that played LB in highschool that picked one in college and went with it. If I get a offensive player and I see he would be better suited on my team to play defense then I should be able to move him without the 10 point speed dock. If I see my RT is to weak to play T on my line I should be able to move him to TE without see his stats get jacked up.

If they want to make the game sim then they need to let us do what we want with our players we get without killing what they physically are. I would even say as much to dock awareness and play recongiton because each position has its own view of the game and it takes time to adjust mentaly to it but physically if your fast you are fast if your strong you are strong. Changing where you play on your team offically doesnt change that period.

haha thanks for mentioning that , because last i checked they are taking olb and making them ends at the pro level and vice versa, and that happens because teams wants to run the 3-4 now because of its success at the NFL level. in college you dont see them doing this very often and create a superstar, when it comes to the draft yes( and thats not yes it works out in means of transition), i mean next thing ur gonna tell me is just because pat white may go from qb to wr its normal for this transition to go smoothly EVEN if hes successful at doing it thats 1 outta how many?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »