Home

Was this a warning from EA to cheezers?

This is a discussion on Was this a warning from EA to cheezers? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #9
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Was this a warning from EA to cheezers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
I don't see how that will help at all. It's very easy to remember what your pass options are and which player is running routes. Anyone who is a decent player knows which button is which player and what they are doing each play.
Its easy when they are on the initial part of their route, but this will hopefully remove people that drop back deep and then run around then throw to a receiver. Because when they are back there too long they wont know who is who because they will be all over the place.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's a very small step in the right direction but anyone who spends more than a few hours with the game doesn't need to see the icons to know who they are throwing to.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-19-2009, 11:12 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

I think this is a good idea. It may not totally prevent the deep drop backs, but at least it's something.

If you really want to stop the deep drop backs, then there would need to be an invisible wall about 10 yards behind the line of scrimmage. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 12:10 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's a very small step in the right direction but anyone who spends more than a few hours with the game doesn't need to see the icons to know who they are throwing to.
Not only that, but I would imagine the type of person who drops back 20 yards probably doesn't run a very wide variety of plays.
Old 03-20-2009, 12:56 AM   #13
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
This won't help at all. I don't even look at the Icon of the WR I am throwing it to. I am usually watching the front 7. I know the routes and throw to the area that is open. I know the routes of the WR's before I snap the ball. For the good players it is just natural and hiding the Icons won't mean a thing.
I play against a lot of good players who occasionally can't find a guy open within the first couple of seconds. People might think they know the routes, but if everybody is covered and they have to scramble, and then pick up players that are moving around, it could hurt. Of course, it sounds like most of the players that are within 20 yards should be clearly visible, but there could be some cases of a guy changing directions a couple of times and not knowing who he is.

edit: ^^Cebby, good point.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:46 AM   #14
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Not only that, but I would imagine the type of person who drops back 20 yards probably doesn't run a very wide variety of plays.
Excellent point.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:38 AM   #15
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Those people don't run a high variety of plays.

I am going to give you a scenario from two or three years ago when OL/DL interaction actually worked. It didn't work correctly in the physics of football, but it worked within the aspect of the game.

ACE Normal. Hot Route Both TE's to block and only let two WR's go out on routes. Scramble back 20 yards and chuck the ball when the D broke down. Not to difficult to find the correct WR and this type of play was rampant a few years ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »