Home

Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do?

This is a discussion on Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do?

Double post for some reason.

Last edited by Allaboutme; 03-21-2009 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:20 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
A) another subject.

B) How far does a WR have to go before he mysteriously become ineligible? What if im playing with Jamarcus Russell?

C) Last but not least there penaltizing you for running back not throw deep. This feature is based on how far behind the line you run not how deep your Wr's are. Why can I make a 70 yard pass from the pocket but not a 50 yard pass from 20 behind the LOS its the same distance IRL?
A) is pretty true it probably wont make it there so i left it off.

B) jamarcus russel doesnt play in college anymore
If we were talking about madden that would be a different story.

c)If u the average qb stands in the pocket and throws to a WR50 yards deep they should be able to toss the pigskin 50 yards, now if that QB was 20 yards away from his LOS, what wouldve been a 50 yard throw is now a 70 yard. and how many QBs in college can honestly make that throw and complete it. that was what i was saying.in ncaa 09 that throw was possible and very much so accurate. i figure that would atleast stop stupid stuff like that from happening.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #19
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
A) is pretty true it probably wont make it there so i left it off.

B) jamarcus russel doesnt play in college anymore
If we were talking about madden that would be a different story.

c)If u the average qb stands in the pocket and throws to a WR50 yards deep they should be able to toss the pigskin 50 yards, now if that QB was 20 yards away from his LOS, what wouldve been a 50 yard throw is now a 70 yard. and how many QBs in college can honestly make that throw and complete it. that was what i was saying.in ncaa 09 that throw was possible and very much so accurate. i figure that would atleast stop stupid stuff like that from happening.
I know I meant a guy like Jamarcus ,Flacco or Cutler with that big time arm strength(that was my bad).

I understand but what im saying is (from what I understand about this feature) They only hurt you for moving backwards not throwing deep. So in theory I can ran back 25 yards and couldnt make a pass ten yards down field. That isnt "sim" and its down right stupid. If a player can sucessfully run back 30 yards and set his feet and throw the ball there should be no penalties. They way you fix it is making sure the DE's get to him before he can get back 30 yards not taking away his ability to make the pass.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:50 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I know I meant a guy like Jamarcus ,Flacco or Cutler with that big time arm strength(that was my bad).

I understand but what im saying is (from what I understand about this feature) They only hurt you for moving backwards not throwing deep. So in theory I can ran back 25 yards and couldnt make a pass ten yards down field. That isnt "sim" and its down right stupid. If a player can sucessfully run back 30 yards and set his feet and throw the ball there should be no penalties. They way you fix it is making sure the DE's get to him before he can get back 30 yards not taking away his ability to make the pass.
AH i c hopefully the guys at community day saw this and gace some good advice pertainingg to this.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #21
Pro

ab2c4's Arena

OVR: 8

I don't care what features they put in the game, I just hope they give us the option of turning it off if we don't like it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 12:17 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab2c4
I don't care what features they put in the game, I just hope they give us the option of turning it off if we don't like it.
Thank you! I never even thought to make that point. Lets all hope they do ,but I hate to see them waste time on stuff like this. And farther more its disturbing that the people making this game thinks its a good idea!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

Last edited by da ThRONe; 03-21-2009 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:30 PM   #23
Banned

So much displeasure with NCAA 10! Lol its awesome!
Old 03-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

The fading icons were already in Madden 09 and it does not work.

This truely is a band aid fix.

Like alot people have already mentioned, people just memorized the receiver icons in Madden 09 and still was able to be effective dropping back.

I have no idea if NCAA will have a QB pocket this year but, if this is their so-called fix (fading icons) for the QB 20 yard drop back.....it's a horrible one.

If it didn't work in Madden09, why bring it over to NCAA10?

SMH

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »