Home

Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do?

This is a discussion on Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
The problem with this is if I run 15 yards behind the LOS a throw the ball less than 5 yards why should my accuracy take the same hit as throwing it 50 yard pass. This isnt how it happens IRL so why should it be like that in the game.
Really? You're going to run 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage to throw a 5 yard pass? Since when do receivers in this game ever come back to the QB? The only time you would have to make an exception for this is when you have HB screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Once again why should I lose site of my Wr's just because I ran back? Qb's dont run back 10 and chuck the ball because they are concerned about losing site of there wideouts. The reason they dont do this is because it makes it makes it harder for the tackles to protect him and its easier to complete passes from the shortest distance with his feet set. This feature isnt "sim" at all matter fact its rather juvenile!
Again, do you know of any QB's that run 10 yards back & chuck the ball? That's not sim at all. They stay in the pocket, move up in the pocket and either throw the ball or run it. Show me a QB in college football that purposely runs back 10 yards before throwing the ball.

Like I said before, it would be nice if EA could recognize whether a QB has his feet set or not, but that's not something you can implement in the 'alpha' period of a game.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb

Last edited by beeneeb; 03-21-2009 at 03:50 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 04:07 PM   #26
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
Really? You're going to run 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage to throw a 5 yard pass? Since when do receivers in this game ever come back to the QB? The only time you would have to make an exception for this is when you have HB screen.

Again, do you know of any QB's that run 10 yards back & chuck the ball? That's not sim at all. They stay in the pocket, move up in the pocket and either throw the ball or run it. Show me a QB in college football that purposely runs back 10 yards before throwing the ball.

Like I said before, it would be nice if EA could recognize whether a QB has his feet set or not, but that's not something you can implement in the 'alpha' period of a game.
Your completely missing the point! The point is you dont create a sim game by limiting thing that you can do IRL. You find out why these things dont work like that and IRL and apply the same principles to the game.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #27
Pro

AC IS ART's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubbs
The fading icons were already in Madden 09 and it does not work.

If it didn't work in Madden09, why bring it over to NCAA10?
This.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

The problem with EA football games so far is stuff like this. Dont try to fix a gameplay issue with a bad features like this. When you take care of the things they should be addressing like OL/DL interactions you dont have to create features that dont relate to real football in anyway.

If the ability to do so was not there thats one thing but when its been done right for years you cant explain to me why your company still struggles to get it right.

Its like Ford Motors saying they cant make a hybrid car even now that the technology is been out for years. No excuses for falling short in the key areas of game play none.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »