Home

Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do?

This is a discussion on Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do?

Im not impressed at all with this feature. Really is this they're answer to stopping gamers from running around and lanching the ball? Is losing a passing icon sim? Is passing icons sim to begin with(but I guess thats another agruement)?

Now "cheeser" will just remember there player icons. Why not just give then them accuracy hit

- 5% for throwing off of back foot
- 10% for throwing when feet arent set
- 20% for throwing while moving
- 25% for throwing while running sideways or towards the LOS
- 50% for throwing while running backwards

Theres no need to having fading icon its once again "A band-aid on a bullet wound" How is it I can see my Wr's 60 yards down the field when Im in the pocket. But if I run 15 yards back I cant see 20yards pass the LOS thats dumb! I understand there trying to prevent "cheesing" but dont implement even more cheeser features just fix the root problem.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 19
Re: Fading Icons? Is this the best EA can do?

Totally agree man. Just plain stupid. Your band aid for a bullet wound is a perfect way of putting this.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:26 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAR17
Totally agree man. Just plain stupid. Your band aid for a bullet wound is a perfect way of putting this.
Agreed..it's a half @ssed way to say they care when really it's just a joke.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 03-20-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:40 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe

- 5% for throwing off of back foot
- 10% for throwing when feet arent set
- 20% for throwing while moving
- 25% for throwing while running sideways or towards the LOS
- 50% for throwing while running backwards
Rather than trying to dynamically figure out if a QB is running or throwing off a back foot, just decrease the accuracy rating of the QB depending upon how many yards he is behind the line of scrimmage. However, the QB should not have an accuracy hit unless he is 7 to 10 yards behind the line. Then, for every 3 or 4 yards after that, just decrease the accuracy of the pass by 15%. Therefore, if the QB is 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage, the accuracy is decreased between 25% and 35%. The average CPU QB won't ever do this...Thus, this is a way of penalizing users that want to run all the way backward and then throw the ball.

By the way, I like the fading icons. However, I want them to start blinking rapidly depending upon how close the defense is to sacking the player. Just like in real life, if you're running away from 2 or 3 linemen, then your awareness of the receivers is greatly decreased. Thus, causing the icons to blink rapidly would create a "panic" situation similar to what you see in real football.

Last edited by beeneeb; 03-20-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeneeb
Rather than trying to dynamically figure out if a QB is running or throwing off a back foot, just decrease the accuracy rating of the QB depending upon how many yards he is behind the line of scrimmage. However, the QB should not have an accuracy hit unless he is 7 to 10 yards behind the line. Then, for every 3 or 4 yards after that, just decrease the accuracy of the pass by 15%. Therefore, if the QB is 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage, the accuracy is decreased between 25% and 35%. The average CPU QB won't ever do this...Thus, this is a way of penalizing users that want to run all the way backward and then throw the ball.

By the way, I like the fading icons. However, I want them to start blinking rapidly depending upon how close the defense is to sacking the player. Just like in real life, if you're running away from 2 or 3 linemen, then your awareness of the receivers is greatly decreased. Thus, causing the icons to blink rapidly would create a "panic" situation similar to what you see in real football.
You've got some great ideas man. Too bad EA won't hire you. Or anyone with great insight like this!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 10:13 PM   #6
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
The problem with this is if I run 15 yards behind the LOS a throw the ball less than 5 yards why should my accuracy take the same hit as throwing it 50 yard pass. This isnt how it happens IRL so why should it be like that in the game.

Quote:
Once again why should I lose site of my Wr's just because I ran back? Qb's dont run back 10 and chuck the ball because they are concerned about losing site of there wideouts. The reason they dont do this is because it makes it makes it harder for the tackles to protect him and its easier to complete passes from the shortest distance with his feet set. This feature isnt "sim" at all matter fact its rather juvenile!

Last edited by da ThRONe; 03-20-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

they should make it so you can't put people at different positions...WR's should stay WR...and so on...

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrickNole
they should make it so you can't put people at different positions...WR's should stay WR...and so on...
Why not it happens in college football all the time?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »