Home

Can someone please explain the depth of on-line dynasty mode?

This is a discussion on Can someone please explain the depth of on-line dynasty mode? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2009, 06:39 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Can someone please explain the depth of on-line dynasty mode?

I don't play much NCAA... very little actually, but I'm curious to know how deep the On-line Dynasty offering for NCAA 09 is... So if someone could explain to me what you can do in it then that would be great... or just point me to a link.

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 06:44 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Can someone please explain the depth of on-line dynasty mode?

almost exactly like offline dynasty, with a few exceptions. you can't get fired, can't get job offers, and you don't get invites to join another conference.

there is also a glitch where you you can't get players to stay if they decide to leave early.(the commissioner can, but other people can't)

other than that, its the same as offline dynasty. you can go through up to 60 years of dynasty, playing season games, recruiting, Bowl games, and championship games.

you can play with up to 12 human players. but all 120 teams are there, and you play your games against both human and CPU opponents.

Last edited by Solidice; 03-20-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

It is very deep. OD really gives this game legs. I am still playing mine, and it started the day the game came out. I still play every day. This is the first sports game that i have played for more than like 4 months. For some reason this really never gets old to me.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #4
MVP

Actually I don't play NCAA at all... so I'm not even familiar with offline dynasty.

What kind of stat tracking depth does it provide? Does it track player stats or just team stats and is it accurate? Are the stats displayed only on-line or is there a website that you can log in to in order to see them?....

Thanks again for the replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuppetMaster
It is very deep. OD really gives this game legs. I am still playing mine, and it started the day the game came out. I still play every day. This is the first sports game that i have played for more than like 4 months. For some reason this really never gets old to me.
OH I understand... for the PS2 Madden I played it all year from 06 until 08 only because it had the ability to play on-line franchises. The replay value of such a feature is fantastic as long as you can find a solid group of dedicated owners that are up to the task
Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #5
MVP

BTW, are you guys allowed to use custom rosters in the on-line dynasty mode? If I understand correctly, out of the box NCAA does not have player names so I assume you guys usually import the correct rosters right?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
BTW, are you guys allowed to use custom rosters in the on-line dynasty mode? If I understand correctly, out of the box NCAA does not have player names so I assume you guys usually import the correct rosters right?
yea, you can use custom rosters. whatever roster set is loaded when an Online Dynasty is created, is the one thats used. you can also use custom sliders for ODs as well, however the sliders are always at default when its a user vs user games. the do work for vs CPU though.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
yea, you can use custom rosters. whatever roster set is loaded when an Online Dynasty is created, is the one thats used. you can also use custom sliders for ODs as well, however the sliders are always at default when its a user vs user games. the do work for vs CPU though.
Just so we're all clear: the sliders set by the commissioner in OD mode are active for ALL games played within the OD, whether you're playing the cpu, or another user.

If you are playing a single online match (ranked or unranked) then rosters will default and sliders default as well.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:52 PM   #8
MVP

Ah good, great info and man this sounds like a pretty successful effort for their first time around.

What about stat tracking...

1) Are individual stats tracked or just overall team stats? Like in MLB The Show 08 (not sure about 09 yet) it would only track team stats, like HRs, SOs, etc... but not actually track individual player stats.
2) Where do you go to view stats, is it only on-line or can you use your PC and go to a website for example?

And how is progression handled in NCAA and does it also work for the OD? I would assume so...

Thanks again for your assistance!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »