Home

I actually feel like giving up on the NCAA series

This is a discussion on I actually feel like giving up on the NCAA series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2009, 05:41 PM   #57
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: I actually feel like giving up on the NCAA series

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Co-sign. I'm really gonna try this year though.
I don't know what I'd do if they took my beloved PS2 version away from me. NCAA 07 and 09 got much more play(I was into NCAA 08 for some reason) on the PS2. I'll try not to go straight to next gen, but I'm weak.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-23-2009, 09:16 AM   #58
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by boucher
NCAA 10= Fluff

Madden 10= Football
I agree. I've never been more disappointed in the direction of this game. Ian announces so many good things on the Madden forum and a lot of that (like QB ratings) are being skipped for NCAA. Instead I get wind socks and a stupid cheer on your school thing.

ODogg, I will probably cave come July but I'm seriously thinking about bagging this game this year and just getting Madden instead. I don't like to buy two football games because I'm cheap and I just don't have the time to support two of them properly. With my Dolphins getting better and all the good news with the Madden team, I'm actually leaning towards Madden this year and I haven't bought Madden since '05.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:38 AM   #59
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I agree. I've never been more disappointed in the direction of this game. Ian announces so many good things on the Madden forum and a lot of that (like QB ratings) are being skipped for NCAA. Instead I get wind socks and a stupid cheer on your school thing.

ODogg, I will probably cave come July but I'm seriously thinking about bagging this game this year and just getting Madden instead. I don't like to buy two football games because I'm cheap and I just don't have the time to support two of them properly. With my Dolphins getting better and all the good news with the Madden team, I'm actually leaning towards Madden this year and I haven't bought Madden since '05.
The truth of the matter is the the new Madden team is giving the appearance of progress, the feeling your being heard and the perception that order is being established to the franchise.

Simple things like the Madden blogs with breakdowns of what is being addressed paint this picture, where NCAA is disorganized. You get information just tacked on or here and there instead of in a clean concise manner. Couple that will the information i am getting doesn't do much for me and you can see the direction i am leaning.

I am with you Rudy- typically these games are pretty similar and i prefer college over pro so i get NCAA instead but based on the information so far, Madden is doing and explanation what i want. Will it be hard to skip NCAA if the news on it doesn't improve drastically? Sure, but it had been hard to skip Madden and i did it. I instead preordered Fight Night.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #60
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

What happened to the days when NCAA was superior to Madden? Seems like NCAA is the 1 playing catch up now. I hope this isn't true for this year, but it certainly appears that way.

I hated the fact that NCAA didn't have the same tackle break system as Madden. Features like that should not be exclusive to 1 game. The only differences between the two games should be the same differences there are in reality.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 03-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
What happened to the days when NCAA was superior to Madden? Seems like NCAA is the 1 playing catch up now. I hope this isn't true for this year, but it certainly appears that way.

I hated the fact that NCAA didn't have the same tackle break system as Madden. Features like that should not be exclusive to 1 game. The only differences between the two games should be the same differences there are in reality.
Which are the pageantry ,the difference in talent level is greater in college, and the difference in coaching philosophy. Are the only real difference between pro games and collegiate ones
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #62
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
The truth of the matter is the the new Madden team is giving the appearance of progress, the feeling your being heard and the perception that order is being established to the franchise.

Simple things like the Madden blogs with breakdowns of what is being addressed paint this picture, where NCAA is disorganized. You get information just tacked on or here and there instead of in a clean concise manner. Couple that will the information i am getting doesn't do much for me and you can see the direction i am leaning.

I am with you Rudy- typically these games are pretty similar and i prefer college over pro so i get NCAA instead but based on the information so far, Madden is doing and explanation what i want. Will it be hard to skip NCAA if the news on it doesn't improve drastically? Sure, but it had been hard to skip Madden and i did it. I instead preordered Fight Night.
I have always preferred college in real life, but months and months of slider tweaks and the game just isn't fixable without house rules. I expect more of the same this year. I'm passing on NCAA 2010.

I too have pre-ordered Fight Night Round 4. I may get Madden if it gets Rave reviews as I haven't bought Madden since 2005 on the PS2. If people say it plays a great game of football, I may get it.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:53 AM   #63
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
I thought the gameplay in Madden was very good last year, but the game itself was kind of boring. It didn't really do much to immerse you into the action.
I thought the same thing. I really liked how Madden played on the field for the most part. Franchise mode was AWFUL but on the field there weren't blatant speed exploits like in NCAA.
Quote:

That was the 1st thing I noticed when I played Madden, it made the game so much more realistic IMO because defensively you had a chance with the right pursuit.

I know I will cave-in and buy most likely because of Online Dynasty but if Madden has online franchises I could be very tempted to skip NCAA. I'll have FIFA and FNR4 around that time too hold me over.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:55 PM   #64
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17

ODogg, nothing is going to change if you buy this game new. If you must own it get a used copy. Speak with your wallet and don't support their overall sales numbers. Only then will they listen.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »