Home

I actually feel like giving up on the NCAA series

This is a discussion on I actually feel like giving up on the NCAA series within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: I actually feel like giving up on the NCAA series

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlyCane
ODogg, nothing is going to change if you buy this game new. If you must own it get a used copy. Speak with your wallet and don't support their overall sales numbers. Only then will they listen.
Just curious, what did you guys think of the OS retrospective score that was posted on here a couple months back?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 02:04 PM   #66
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I think it was probably too generous. This is the second year in a row that I stopped playing just before Christmas. I actually liked NCAA '09 and more than I did NCAA '08. But it had too many flaws and was bad out of the box. I'd probably give it a 7.9/10 in hindsight. I did have fun with it so I won't trash the score. Dynasty mode is still addictive.
Old 03-23-2009, 07:37 PM   #67
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Anyone who has been around these forums for any length of time knows that in the past I have really defended EA in many facets of their games but I think I've just about run out of juice seeing the new game details and screenshots. Make no mistake, I will be there to buy the game on day one but it's only because I'm a college football addict.

I honestly don't know what is going on over at EA with their football games. Their other games such as Tiger Woods and NHL are doing quite well with nice innovations and great advances forward each year. But I don't see this with EA's football games.

I am beginning to wonder if it is because the entire platform was hosed to start with and that the game engine is unsalvageable. All in all I'm really upset because I've been a longtime fan of EA and yet I feel like they are simply ignoring the football market. I think the series needs a complete reboot ala NHL.

I imagine this year will be like the last few years, I will buy the game with the eternal hope it will rock. And initially I will be ecstatic with it because it's new and it's football. But after a few weeks it will become stale and boring.

Is there anyone out there who feels the same way? I don't know what to do other than lament the passing of a great series and honestly it makes me angry with nothing to do with my anger.
Hey ODogg Iam new too this board, Iam a college football nut too, all I have to say is ( EA ) knows they are the only thing in town , no competion, and they know you will buy the game. So they put alittle things different in and call it good. The last two yrs with next Gen console, have been terrible,even with all that power they have to work with, its a crying shame, but you know I too will buy this game also. I have Ps2 skinny, @ I bought ncaa 09,this Gm plays alot better on 2 then 3.Hop (carolo59 )
Old 03-23-2009, 08:56 PM   #68
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I will never "give up" on the series. Every single year I will wipe the slate clean and look at that version of the game and determine if its worthy of being purchased.

Last year there were too many flaws in areas that are very important to me, so I didn't buy it. We'll see how it plays out this year.

Its interesting that many of the folks who are the most pessimistic about NCAA 10 are still locks to purchase the game day one(or earlier)

I love college football as much as anyone here, but if the gameplay and A.I.-in game and out of game- is still sub-par then I'll go another year without my college football fix.

Its a tired Truism, but withholding your $$$ is the only real recourse if you're not happy with the direction of the game.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 PM   #69
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Well look, some of you are probably right, that i'll buy the game on day one just like before. But you're wrong if you think I will just keep buying it forever. I gave up on Triple Play and EA's hockey game once too, although for those games I had choices and honestly my enthusiasm just isn't there.

I like the idea of buying the game used and it would be quite easy to get a used copy since everyone chucks theirs when Madden comes out. I guess it just depends on if I have anything else going on in my life around July 14th or not.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 03-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #70
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

Online Dynasty single-handedly revived the series. For a hardcore fan, playing with friends and chatting amidst the action of a dynasty is a gaming experience that is not often rivaled. MMO gamers can probably attest to similar feelings, but last year's game was incredible in this regard.

Was the gameplay flawed? No doubt. But the mere existence of the Online Dynasty feature, and a semi-playable football game, made it loads of fun.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #71
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by GigemAGGIES13
Online Dynasty single-handedly revived the series. For a hardcore fan, playing with friends and chatting amidst the action of a dynasty is a gaming experience that is not often rivaled. MMO gamers can probably attest to similar feelings, but last year's game was incredible in this regard.

Was the gameplay flawed? No doubt. But the mere existence of the Online Dynasty feature, and a semi-playable football game, made it loads of fun.
I agree, I ran an online dynasty and it was great fun but we had a really difficult time of keeping people interested. If the gameplay were more dynamic and there were more attention to details I'm sure that would not be an issue.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 10:23 AM   #72
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, I ran an online dynasty and it was great fun but we had a really difficult time of keeping people interested. If the gameplay were more dynamic and there were more attention to details I'm sure that would not be an issue.
This is big news ODogg! I was thinking the same thing the myself the other day then I logged into the forums and saw your thread.

I know the game is in it's early stages, but it's kind of bothersome that NOTHING has come out of the "Community Day". Especially considering this game has no competition! I'm not sure what the big deal is about being so secretive. Maybe on some of the bigger "features", but no information at all?

Outside of the OD, NCAA 09 was my biggest disappointment ever for a video game. I look forward to 2 games a year, NCAA and FIFA, both were disappointments IMO.

I'd like to say that "I won't be buying this game...." but it probably won't happen, but if the defense is not fixed, the speed cheat is still prevalent, and the AI play calling and late game clock management isn't fixed, I'll be cleaning every dog park in Chicago with the disc and mailing it back to EA.

Step it up people! Stop the insanity EA! We don't give a #hit about real time lighting if the CPU doesn't throw deep. We don't give a damn about cheerleaders and Gatorade coolers if the CPU runs the option with QBs who run a 40 in 5.5 seconds!

In other words, stop trying to mask the major gameplay problems with silly aesthetics because we're on to you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »