Home

Create a school - What do you need to have?

This is a discussion on Create a school - What do you need to have? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2009, 04:23 AM   #1
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Create a school - What do you need to have?

Before I begin, I would like to say that I have no idea whether CAS is in the game or not. I do firmly believe that either EA has given us FCS teams or the create-a-school feature. I have no reason to believe that we will have both or even just one of the two, but I can't imagine them going another year without either one of the two.

Under the assumption that we do end up with create-a-school, what are some of the features that you feel we must have with it?

I personally think that CAS would be irrelevant without at least half of these features -

Total stadium custimization

It just won't be fun for those of us who want to create some FCS schools (or even custom ones) if we only get to choose between like 4 backgrounds. We should be able to totally construct each and every stadium from the ground up. Give us a wide variety of backgrounds and the ability to maybe even plant trees, concession stands, little buildings, etc... around the stadium. Let us place a press booth or bleachers in certain places. Just basically give us total freedom to design a really unique venue complete with field surface types and other options like the track going around the field.

Licensed Uniforms

I don't know if EA is allowed to let us create a uniform and then slap a brand name (IE Nike) on it, but if so, please let us create some wicked uniforms with a ton of options. I want to be able to put piping all over the uniform if I want to. I want tons and tons of logos that are not just set in one or two colors. I want to be able to customize every single aspect of the uniform to make it look however I want.

Prestige Options

Once we create our said school, we should be able to assign the amount of prestige stars to it that we feel fit. You don't want to start a dynasty with your newly formed Appalachian State team and work with their 1 star prestige rating.

Assignable Campus Options

What I mean by this is the ability to assign our freshly created team different statuses of their weight rooms, campus lifestyle, national exposure, etc... Things like coach prestige, proximity to home would start to be filled in automatically during dynasty. So if we want to create a juggernaut school we could give it an elite weight room, elite campus lifestyle, etc... since it is how we want to create it.

Assignable Rivalry Games

Say we create the NDSU Bison and the UND Fighting Sioux. They really don't play each other much (or even really at all) but they used to have a big rivalry. If we could create both teams and make them rivals that would be amazing.

Large Number Of Slots Available

I don't want to be only able to create 8 different schools. No, I want to be able to make at least 40. This way for those of us who want to make new entire conferences or maybe even top high school teams we can without problems.

Remember, CAS was a big feature even when we had FCS teams. Not having it sucks altogether. So hopefully we get it back and we get it with options.

What do you need to have to make CAS a success with you?
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 04:43 AM   #2
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Create a school - What do you need to have?

From the press release from March 17th.....

"NCAA Football 10 envelopes the excitement and pageantry of college football at its best. Enhanced stadiums filled with school colors, cheerleaders and mascots bring the college atmosphere to life. Enjoy the sights of game day with new field goal nets, flags waving in the wind and camera flashes exploding during pivotal moments. With all 120 Football Bowl Subdivision schools represented in the game, NCAA Football 10 offers fans an exciting way to experience the thrill of authentic college football year-round. "

This leads me to believe you will not be getting your wish.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I shall be back to post on this one... But for now I must fall asleep after my graveyard shift. Great post and am excited to give some suggestions as well.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #4
Rookie

csuf559's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsportsrule

"NCAA Football 10 envelopes the excitement and pageantry of college football at its best. Enhanced stadiums filled with school colors, cheerleaders and mascots bring the college atmosphere to life. Enjoy the sights of game day with new field goal nets, flags waving in the wind and camera flashes exploding during pivotal moments. With all 120 Football Bowl Subdivision schools represented in the game, NCAA Football 10 offers fans an exciting way to experience the thrill of authentic college football year-round. "

Man if they don't put FCS teams in i'm going to be dissopionted. I don't really care for CAS though I never used it in last gen games. I would give it a shot though if they put it in.

NCAA: Fresno State Bulldogs
Fan of soccer but no real favorite team

Last edited by csuf559; 03-22-2009 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I like those, the only other thing I would add(that I can think of right now) would be to allow created schools to be "traded" with other users via EA sports locker. so people could create teams, then upload them to the locker(like the rosters last year) and share them with everyone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I like those, the only other thing I would add(that I can think of right now) would be to allow created schools to be "traded" with other users via EA sports locker. so people could create teams, then upload them to the locker(like the rosters last year) and share them with everyone.

So we could make our own FCS teams nd pass em around
Old 03-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #7
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Yeah great idea.

Honestly, if they are avoiding FCS schools because of all the work they would take (which is probably a big issue) they could at least give us a very extensive CAS system and let us do the work for them.

Jeez, I think I'd actually enjoy it if it was thorough enough.
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 03-22-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 16

CAS is not an important feature for a sim game. It would be welcome, but I think FCS schools is a bigger feature.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »