Home

What SHOULD be in the game by this time presentation wise....

This is a discussion on What SHOULD be in the game by this time presentation wise.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2009, 01:35 PM   #17
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: What SHOULD be in the game by this time presentation wise....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
While I used to be of the opinion that gameplay is all that matters and the presentation is just fluff, I have since changed my tune. I think that solid presentation helps the gamer to immerse themselves into the game. It's not as easy to do with sports games, which is why I think the things like stat overlays and little tidbits about what players are doing throughout the course of the game help in that regard.
Presentation is a tricky thing to discuss. It means different things to different people. It is sort of like talking about the game's "engine."
Old 03-23-2009, 01:46 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
I still watch my weekly College Sports Tonight with Greg Gumbel and Clark Kellog every week in my Hoops Legacy and it really puts me IN THE GAME. The Selection Sunday Show is still the absolute coolest thing I've ever seen on a sports game. 20 minutes long...in depth.....never stale.

It's Time EA. It's been time. Put this in NCAA. Now.
Hell yeah. When it's Selection time I go and grab a snack and sit by the TV nervously awaiting my seed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky
I agree. I like how NBA2K9 does it's highlights. Real cinematic-like. After a TD, there could be a real cinematic highlight of the TD after the ensuing kickoff and then a fade-like moment (like your going to commercial). You see it on TV all the time and yet it hardly ever makes it into sports games.
Their highlight packages were very nicely done this year IMO.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:54 PM   #19
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Presentation is a tricky thing to discuss. It means different things to different people. It is sort of like talking about the game's "engine."
Hmm...my translation of the above says:

'We have implimented a few, but not all, of the things discussed here. But I am not at liberty to discuss it yet.'
Old 03-23-2009, 01:56 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Oh, I understand. I was just stating on how I know I've been on here in years past saying that gameplay is the only thing that matters and I guess now that I've gotten a little older and have been immersed in some really great non-sports games, I kind of would like to get that feeling when playing a sports game.

I think Madden was a great example of the gameplay being pretty tight, but it didn't do much presentation-wise to keep me interested. Granted, the radio announcer was ditched and that's at least a start.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:15 PM   #21
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
Oh, I understand. I was just stating on how I know I've been on here in years past saying that gameplay is the only thing that matters and I guess now that I've gotten a little older and have been immersed in some really great non-sports games, I kind of would like to get that feeling when playing a sports game.

I think Madden was a great example of the gameplay being pretty tight, but it didn't do much presentation-wise to keep me interested. Granted, the radio announcer was ditched and that's at least a start.
Well we have two teams now. Game team and Central Gameplay team. Us on the Game team can concentrate on stuff like presentation while Central Gameplay work on the, um, gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2009, 02:30 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well we have two teams now. Game team and Central Gameplay team. Us on the Game team can concentrate on stuff like presentation while Central Gameplay work on the, um, gameplay.
A team dedicated to presentation and other features...wow! That's a huge step up. I can't wait to start hearing some more stuff on NCAA 10. Keep up the good work. I know it's hard when every other post is knocking NCAA...

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb
Old 03-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #23
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

I've got a feeling that this game is gonna be more exciting to play............................Pre season game atmosphere..............................True Rivalry game atmosphere.................Early season game atmosphere..................mid season game atmosphere...................end of season game atmospheres................Playoff atmosphere..........AFC and NFC championship game atmosphere........Superbowl atmosphere...

Last edited by EAreaper26; 03-23-2009 at 04:20 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 04:30 PM   #24
MVP

atlplayboy23's Arena

OVR: 10

I doubt we ever see the things from any 2k game. I will not get my hopes up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »