Home

NCAA 10 - 1080p on PS3?

This is a discussion on NCAA 10 - 1080p on PS3? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
Flo
Rookie

OVR: 2
NCAA 10 - 1080p on PS3?

I can't get the Madden team to answer this question, so I assume the answer to be "NO", but I figured I would try here. Will NCAA 10 (or Madden 10) finally be 1080p for the PS3 like it has been for the Xbox360?

As I said, I assume we PS3 owners are getting screwed again, but I might as well ask. It isn't like they don't know the answer. If they can't program for the PS3 properly, I wish they would drop the platform instead of ripping us off year after year.

Any EA guys here that want to step up and answer the question?

Flo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 11:19 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: NCAA 10 - 1080p on PS3?

It's not as easy as it sounds. The 360 is 720p as well, but it has a hardware scaler that puts all games at up to 1080p resolution.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

The answer is 99.9999999% no and will likely be that answer this entire generation of consoles. They are stressing the systems enough as it is trying to push 720 lines at 60 frames per second. If they ever get to 1080p it will likely be because they dropped down to 30fps (very unlikely) or they take a huge hit in the graphics department (very very unlikely).

That or they just finally unlock the secret code behind programming for the PS3... it's not up up down down left right left right b a start... I already tried that one.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:08 AM   #4
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

It's not that the PS3 can't handle it, or that you have to decrease the framerate to make it run at that level on the PS3.

The truth is the game runs at 720 on both systems, the 360 just has a built in upscaler to run the game at 1080. It's not a true 1080, and that's 100% the facts.

No the speculation. When I learned of this I'm pretty sure they said that the 360 didn't have the fanciest upscaler in the world, but they wanted to have one. Sony on the other hand didn't want people to upscale games on their system, but through upscalers in TVs themselves, which is apparently part of the new designs, and according to Sony have higher quality upscalers in them than the 360.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:29 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 24

It's unlikely.
The ps3 version is simply a 360 port ... and I suspect EA programmers don't have a ton of time to get it right for the ps3.
You could slam EA, but the 360 does outsell the ps3 and there's no chance in hell you will ever see separate development teams. The economy is just too brutal for that, and even if it wasn't, I doubt a company would use two teams for a game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 PM   #6
Flo
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks to all who responded. I don't believe it is overworking the PS3 to make it 1080p. That is absurd. I do believe that EA doesn't give a rodents hindquarters about Sony users, even though the PS1 is what made this game, and Madden as well.

It is a matter of business. Cater to the Micro$oft people to make a buck and screw the PS3 people. Great. Why not just drop the platform? People that want to play Madden can buy and XboX. It didn't seem to hurt Gears or Halo to be Micro$oft only.

Constantly screwing part of your customer base is bad business. Even worse is the fact that not one EA guy from NCAA or Madden will step up to the plate and give an answer as to why. Heck, they won't even come forth and say it will be 720. I guess EA didn't issue backbones to their guys.

Again, thanks to the guys to who responded.

Flo
Old 03-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #7
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo
Thanks to all who responded. I don't believe it is overworking the PS3 to make it 1080p. That is absurd. I do believe that EA doesn't give a rodents hindquarters about Sony users, even though the PS1 is what made this game, and Madden as well.

It is a matter of business. Cater to the Micro$oft people to make a buck and screw the PS3 people. Great. Why not just drop the platform? People that want to play Madden can buy and XboX. It didn't seem to hurt Gears or Halo to be Micro$oft only.

Constantly screwing part of your customer base is bad business. Even worse is the fact that not one EA guy from NCAA or Madden will step up to the plate and give an answer as to why. Heck, they won't even come forth and say it will be 720. I guess EA didn't issue backbones to their guys.

Again, thanks to the guys to who responded.

Flo
I personally think it sucks. My 360 died right before this game came out last year, and I switched to a PS3. I had already downloaded the 09 demo on 360, and it looked really good. I got the final PS3 version, and I could immediately tell the difference in the graphics. Ticked me off to be honest....especially when FIFA plays in 1080P.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:52 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

As others have stated, both versions are 720p but it's the 360 that upscales its games. So the games have exactly the same graphical content and both run at 720p. So the difference is really only in whether your system or your TV upscales the graphics to 1080p, which is pretty much moot unless your TV doesn't upscale well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »