Home

Things that are ********/ useless in 09

This is a discussion on Things that are ********/ useless in 09 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Things that are ********/ useless in 09

First of all, this rant is based on personal experience. The negativity in this thread is directed towards NCAA 09, not anyone on OS, so please keep your stupid comments off of my thread. I dont wanna read any "Oh you just suck." type of posts, because I have about 15 guys on OS that have been on the short end of the stick while playin me so keep that outta here.

1. Big hitting (50% of the time)
-Too many times I have been juked by slow azz QBs or choked slammed by 190 lb backs when using big, 250 lb linebackers. Pontless
2. Leading WRs
-If I have a WR running a crossing route and I tried to lead him almost always the ball will end up either waaay out in front of him or behind him. I even created a 99thp and 99tha QB just to test my theory and had the same results
3. Most of the routes in general suck because the Route Running rating is pretty garbage and useless
-A 95 speed WR that cant run routes shouldnt get better seperation than a 91spd WR that has a 95 route running ablitity
4. Blind catches and picks
-I shouldnt even have to explain this one
5. Why does everyone have 50+ inch verticals?
-If I am standing at the 20 and throw a pass across the middle to an an intended target at the 45, a linebacker that's standing in a zone at the 35 should not be able to swat or pick that pass. Its no way that a linebacker is going to swat a pass thats 30 feet from its intended target. Just no way
-The same applies for DBs when throwing deep balls. If I chuck one 50yds in the air and the icon is at the 15, a DB standing at the 20 shouldnt be able to swat that pass from 15 feet away.
6. Defense. Period almost
-Its not fair to us that we cant use over half of the plays in our defensive playbooks because most of them are useless. Most QBs will murder a zone D no matter what his ratings are. Which leaves most users playing man vs the cpu which makes slants, curls and flats money or the cpu
7. Readjustments
-If I throw a pass over the middle to my TE, if its behind him I would rather see him miss that ball or try to readjust himself than to catch the ball and remain in full stride.
8. My defensive line
-Reason being because it gets next to no pressure. Most of my sacks come off of the broken screens that the cpu LOVE to run
9. The announcers
-They are sooo off 9/10 times and their dialogue is so repititve that I have memorized it all
10. The canned animations
-Why EA?! Whyyyy should it matter who hits a button first? On most picks the DBs have seemingly 3 secs of hang time. That is soooo unrealistic. If I hit Y as soon as someone throws a pass I shouldnt still be in the air when the ball gets there. Or even worse, sometimes I press Y and my defender doesnt even jump. Instead he will just move his arms up a little like the pass is being intentionally thrown to him
-I am not even going to elaborate on the running/ tackle animations. Thats a thread in itself.

I read in a blog that EA would be releasing its animations that wont make it into this year's edition soon. Hopefully alot of the garbage I seen was taken out for this year or EA's revenue will be $60 shorter, not like that matters to them much.

End Rant

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 03:04 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: Things that are ********/ useless in 09

********/useless?

That alone should be worth a red card, timeout or whatever it is called here. How people in this day and age can still use the term "********" in such a manner boggles the mind.

Quote:
so please keep your stupid comments off of my thread.
Too late, you already started in the thread title.

Quote:
I dont wanna read any "Oh you just suck." type of posts, because I have about 15 guys on OS that have been on the short end of the stick while playin me so keep that outta here.
Internet tough guy bragging about his internet prowess as a video gamer. I am sure your family is brimming with pride.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:15 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdsooner
********/useless?

That alone should be worth a red card, timeout or whatever it is called here. How people in this day and age can still use the term "********" in such a manner boggles the mind.

Too late, you already started in the thread title.

Internet tough guy bragging about his internet prowess as a video gamer. I am sure your family is brimming with pride.
Well excuse me sir! Didnt think anyone would take that so hard! Wow bro. I have an autistic cousin so I can use the word ******** to describe a video game if I want. As long as Im not calling you ******** or any human then it shouldnt matter.

And read a book? Sir, I graduated high school with honors in May of 2008 and attend Auburn University as we speak. I didnt know I was being graded on my diction in an internet thread. My apologies and deepest sympathies go out to you, sir. I had no idea that using the word ******** meant SO much to another guy on the internet! This is a thread for football so if me using the word ******** to describe things in this game that I feel are not "developed" properly or "impede" my ability to totally enjoy this then Im so sorry for using the term wrong.

Dont try to throw off on me on the internet buddy. I promise you that its a waste of your time and mine

Also, keep my family out of your posts when referring to me please. Thats quite disrespectful. I havent disrespected you so let it go.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:24 PM   #4
Banned

Quote:
I have an autistic cousin so I can use the word ******** to describe a video game if I want.
Wow. No really that makes the original stuff laughable. First of all autism does not always equal mental ******ation to begin with. There are geniuses with autism and it affects people in the full range of IQ levels.

http://www.2-b-well.org/famousautistics.html

I have a gay friend, guess that makes it okay for me to use the term ***, or how gay is that on the internet? Now do you see how silly what you just said was?

I am sure all the Auburn Alumni are proud to have you as one of their own.

Last edited by bmdsooner; 03-30-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:29 PM   #5
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmdsooner
Wow. No really that makes the original stuff laughable. First of all autism does not always equal mental ******ation to begin with. There are geniuses with autism and it affects people in the full range of IQ levels.

I have a gay friend, guess that makes it okay for me to use the term ***, or how gay is that on the internet? Now do you see how silly what you just said was?
Do the know the definition of ********? Do you know that there are different categories of autism? When you find out the answers to those two questions and give me some solid details as to why my post was absurd or how/ why it offended you I will take you off of my troller list. Right now you sound a hell of a lot more like an internet thug than me.

I dont remember saying the game was mentally ********. I dont have to be referring to a living organism that is ******** to use the word with proper diction.

Last edited by Young J 334; 03-30-2009 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-30-2009, 03:32 PM   #6
Banned

Troller list?
Internet thug?

Fo shizzle

As for the definition of autism, it is readily available for your to read at any time. You will find that, just like I previously mentioned, autism does not always equal mental ******ation. There are mentally ****** people with autism, that does not make it right for you to use it because you have a relative with autism.

Last edited by bmdsooner; 03-30-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-30-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

This thread is spiraling out of control quickly..
Old 03-30-2009, 03:45 PM   #8
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BORN4CORN
This thread is spiraling out of control quickly..
I know, man. The 10 things I listed SHOULD have been the basis for replies, but oh well

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »