Home

EA folks: Can you reduce the button-pushing needed to load an online dynasty?

This is a discussion on EA folks: Can you reduce the button-pushing needed to load an online dynasty? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #1
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon3 EA folks: Can you reduce the button-pushing needed to load an online dynasty?

The problem is not entirely specific to online dynasty. But for me, when I fire up the 360 with the NCAA disc in, it's because I want to go into online dynasty. Would be nice if this happened almost automatically. Instead I have to press a ton of buttons (detailed below). It wouldn't be so bad if there weren't so much waiting in-between the button-pressing steps.

0. Turn on Xbox 360.
wait
1. Press A to skip the NCAA intro screen
wait
2. Press Start
(I hate these first two steps)
wait
3. Press A to choose Xbox Live
4. Press A to choose Online Dynasty
5. Press A to choose Continue Dynasty
wait
6. Press A to select my only online dynasty file
7. Press A to select Continue Dynasty in the file select menu
wait
8. Press A at the confirmation that the file loaded successfully
wait
9. Select the menu option and Press A to confirm that I want to save the online dynasty file.
10. Do step 9 again (this time to confirm that I want to overwrite the existing file).

Last edited by TrevJo; 04-02-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 10:52 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 38
Re: EA folks: Can you reduce the button-pushing needed to load an online dynasty?

LOL I find if you don't save you have less wait time
Old 04-02-2009, 11:31 AM   #3
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: EA folks: Can you reduce the button-pushing needed to load an online dynasty?

It seems to me that you wait a little longer if you don't save but it's worth it to not screw records up.
Old 04-02-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 26

itd be kinda cool if after the first time of loading ur profile you could select what you want shown on the title so you can click that and it will auto take you to said item. If you want to try something new press start or A and move into the normal menu.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:15 PM   #5
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Icon7 Re: EA folks: Can you reduce the button-pushing needed to load an online dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorious Arc
itd be kinda cool if after the first time of loading ur profile you could select what you want shown on the title so you can click that and it will auto take you to said item. If you want to try something new press start or A and move into the normal menu.
Yeah, I guess basically that's what I'm asking for. I'd like a button on the start menu that basically says "Yes I want to open Online Dynasty and load the same dynasty that I always load and yes I really do want to continue dynasty and save the file, thanks!". (And, I'd like to get rid of having to press 2 buttons just to get to the start menu.)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

Lol i understand this post , but come on man, its just your thumb you barely exert any energy lol.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:30 PM   #7
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

at least it's not like NCAA '08 where you would/could get a lot of menu lag.

you don't have to press A on xbox live or online dynasty. just press the thumb stick to the right.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-02-2009, 01:32 PM   #8
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Icon7 Re: EA folks: Can you reduce the button-pushing needed to load an online dynasty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Lol i understand this post , but come on man, its just your thumb you barely exert any energy lol.
My thumb has plenty of energy. What I don't have, is the patience to sit there having to press a button, wait, press a button, wait, press a button, wait, for a process that ultimately takes about 5 minutes, every day. Or the patience to confirm all these file loads/saves. No, I don't want to see the intro for the 1000th time! Yes, I really want to load/save the damn dynasty file! Just like the last 100 times!

If they made this better, I could fire up the 360, go do something for a minute or two while the game and start menu load, come back and tell it to load the dynasty, and go do something else for a minute or two while it loads. The entire process wouldn't be a whole lot faster, but it would take me about 3 minutes less of monitoring the damn thing each time.

Last edited by TrevJo; 04-02-2009 at 01:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »