Home

When will we have the option of line stunts ala NFL2k/APF2k

This is a discussion on When will we have the option of line stunts ala NFL2k/APF2k within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: When will we have the option of line stunts ala NFL2k/APF2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
The reason those arnt in ncaa is because of budget and doesnt Ea have that in madden?

Every thread i see you in, your complaining.hopefully next year when EA is deciding on the budget, they will once again cut dreads out and add this gameplay feature(which is a great idea by the OP).Then you can keep your word and give up , but then i bet you wont buy the game but you would still come here and rant more.
The second-largest game publisher on EARTH has budget problems?

What, are you stupid?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 02:03 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingDeDeDe

What, are you stupid?

Lol your funny, if OMT said the reason why dreads and refs wernt included was because of it being cut because of budget , why wouldnt i take his word for it?

Are you stupid?

http://www.kwanzoo.com/social-trivia...orkforce.shtml

"So, EA announced a big quarterly loss. That’s not big news by itself since the nature of the game industry means investments in big multi-year projects that don’t always pay out steadily. The big news is that they decided to lay off 600 people, or 6% of their workforce."

Last edited by Allaboutme; 04-04-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:28 PM   #27
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:

What, are you stupid?
I'm fairly certain that "budget" is being used here in relation to time and available man-hours, not money.

8-10 months is the same for EA as it is for anyone else.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ever figure the reasons their profits are falling may include... I dunno, games of inferior quality?

And so the problem compounds itself due to their lack of resolve.
Old 04-04-2009, 03:16 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Ever figure the reasons their profits are falling may include... I dunno, games of inferior quality?

And so the problem compounds itself due to their lack of resolve.
Lol even if thats true that the games are inferior, the budget is a reason for them not having certain things in the game, get over it.

Also how is ncaa/madden a inferior product compared to the competition? oh wait thats right.....i can see you saying this about Live vs 2ksports but come on.

you can also see some of the cutbacks Via no new nascar game.

Also if you read the article you would see the reason for there revenue loss isnt the sports games....
"We experienced a few slips and kills,” Riccitiello noted during the call, referring to publicly disclosed cancellations like EA LA’s Tiberium and the delays of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Pandemic’s Saboteur and Lord of the Rings: Conquest as having an impact on revenue. A drop in back catalog titles was also blamed for weaker performance"

Last edited by Allaboutme; 04-04-2009 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 01:30 AM   #30
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
The problem is you can't mix these things and expect to cover all of your bases. The linebacker gaps and responsibilities are dependent upon what's happening in front of them and DB play is dependent upon what's happening in front of them. I didn't say that defensive terminology couldn't be used when constructing a defensive plan, just that it shouldn't be mixed and matched. For just one example, assume that the DL is slanting on gap weak, that means that the LB's or any DB's involved in the run-fit must move their responsiblities one gap strong.This doesn't even begin to describe the technicalities as well as the minutiae that actually go into a sound defensive structure; merging the force/flat defender, the techniques and leverages played at the point of attack, and I could go on and on, but I won't.Also, maybe you shouldn't tell me to research the subject as you have no idea what I do for a living.
Not all defensive fill every gap. Some defenses(46) overloaded gaps, leaving others wide open. Many times blitzes are leaving gaps open.

Again this type of strategy is what makes football a great game, and should make it a great video game to play. But all these features are lacking.

We should be able to choose plays like my philosophy because yours would be just as easy to do with the same play calling set up utilizing the 2k type of system.

Last edited by J.R. Locke; 04-05-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:12 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
LMAO, EA can't add dreadlocks or refs and you guys think they are going to add line stunts ala NFL2k? Whatever you guys are smoking pass some over here please...
Lol great post!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 11:31 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
You didn't read what I said. I said you can't realistically call all three levels of the defense (4 if you run 4-2 or 3-3) and have them sound structurally in the amount of time needed to make a call.
Yes, you can

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »