Home

NCAA Football 10 Blog: Player Lock and Defensive Assist

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 10 Blog: Player Lock and Defensive Assist within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #49
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 10: Player Lock and Defensive Assist

What if you could play online co-op and play from that view? This should really be taken to the next step allowing for 2v2 or even 3v3(or more if possible) games where each player can be locked a certain position. Man, imagine how much fun that would be. THAT to me would be more exciting than online dynasty. IF it were done.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #50
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I like the player lock, I usually only use 1 player anyway and don't switch during the play. the defensive assist, i don't know, doubt i'll use it much if at all. probably first thing i'll do is switch the defensive assist with the swat ball button so its like '09 controls.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #51
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I can do that right now in NCAA 09 though. I press the Player Select button until Pre-Snap and then don't press it again once the play starts. Some of us actually created this as a house rule to imitate Player Lock in our dynasties.

With the method you're describing, I'm actually pressing more buttons per play (one every play instead of one each defensive possession) and the only added benefit is a camera angle change.

Neither of these are the same as the Player Lock that has been in every sports game to date. Thanks for answering the questions though.
Agreed on the button presses... But think about it differently, in NHL 09 and NBA Live there are not nearly as many breaks in the action as there are in NCAA Football... there is a break every play.

I still feel like you can have your house rules, but it will take one button press a play
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 09:22 PM   #52
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Can you still make pre-snap adjustments while in a different players view?

Old 04-02-2009, 09:27 PM   #53
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
I still feel like you can have your house rules, but it will take one button press a play
I'll see how it plays in June. Good job on the camera change work.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:34 PM   #54
NCAA Football 10 Designer

Russell_Kiniry_EA's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Can you still make pre-snap adjustments while in a different players view?
No, for two reasons:

1) With the camera flip it causes all kinds of issues with how do we make the pre-snap adjustments work? Some will say flip others will say normal... no one will be happy

2) It didn't really make sense, you are now that player... you are no longer the whole team. Know what I mean?
Old 04-02-2009, 09:47 PM   #55
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
What if you could play online co-op and play from that view? This should really be taken to the next step allowing for 2v2 or even 3v3(or more if possible) games where each player can be locked a certain position. Man, imagine how much fun that would be. THAT to me would be more exciting than online dynasty. IF it were done.
+1... awesome suggestion. The feature is used as it's intended b/c each user gets the 3rd person camera angle on their guy, and adds a level of difficulty since you can't just switch all over the field. Play calling becomes ultimately important. This reminds me of what EA did with NHL 09, and everybody controlling their own player if so desired. PLEASE tell me you're considering it.

Follow up questioin - if you're using player lock can you still make defensive adjustments like line shifts/ coverage audibles... and can you make individual player changes like forcing your safety to blitz, or your lineman to hold contain (if you're not locked into that player)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #56
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA
No, for two reasons:

1) With the camera flip it causes all kinds of issues with how do we make the pre-snap adjustments work? Some will say flip others will say normal... no one will be happy

2) It didn't really make sense, you are now that player... you are no longer the whole team. Know what I mean?
It would cause some issues and I guess it adds a sort of balance. You no longer are under team control. So why should you have this ability? I understand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »