Home

I'm ready for some NCAA football.

This is a discussion on I'm ready for some NCAA football. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: I'm ready for some NCAA football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I know you're not speaking to me, but I will say the obvious, I just bought my tickets to the OSU spring game today
You have to buy tickets to those? That sucks lol, i just get to walk into MSU's and UofM's.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:31 AM   #34
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

If they....

1. Get rid of the ridiculous speed changes they made last year.
2. Fix the horrid pursuit angles.
3. Make major overhauls to the OL/DL interaction.
4. Make the ratings TRULY matter...and I mean that.

Then this game will be freaking awesome. With a presentation on par with the NCAA 2002-2004 OR College Hoops 2k8, it will be unbelievably freaking awesome.

Come on EA..deliver the goods for me!!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:55 AM   #35
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

When I think of NCAA 10, I think of NCAA 09 with the following changes:

1. Deep passing by CPU
2. Passing pocket
3. Bowl/championship game endzones
4. Working sliders
5. Improved BCS/Poll ranking logic
6. Improved pursuit angles
7. Fixed bugs in online dynasty mode
8. Less interceptions and more incompletions
9. Improved CPU recruiting logic
10. Improved prospect generation

With those changes, I can become reasonably excited about playing NCAA 10. I'm not thrilled and I'm not expecting a lot more than what's listed above, but it is enough to be a good football game. NCAA 09 was a decent football game with terrible bugs and poor presentation.

I'm sure we'll get some new game mode or new feature that's going to be huge, but I'm mainly concerned with actually being able to get 20 years into a dynasty again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 12:21 PM   #36
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i think the both Madden and NCAA will be good but Madden will be better maybe because they sell more and have a bigger budget for that title. But your right on the bugs and horrid angles but i just cant put the game down.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The terrible cpu running game also ruined '09. I'm pretty confident that will be fixed and from what I've read about the new pass accuracy logic I expect more incompletions as well.

I still want to know if the cpu QB will throw deep and run their offense more effectively. They still mismange the talent they have and there are too many ineffective plays in the playbook.

I also want to see some improvement to the OL/DL interaction. It needs so much work that I really don't think its possible to fix in one year.

The truth is that dynasty mode with recruiting, building a program, constant roster turnovers is more exciting than anything Madden can offer in its franchise mode. Its still college football and come July, I'm sure I'll be a day one purchase no matter how bitter I am about the exclusion of QB ratings. I do think the player lock camera angle will be a great thing while on defense.
Old 04-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #38
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatervest09
Thank you for the welcomes both of you. As for the latter, im going to assume your a U-M fan.
---
Quick question about this forum, is this the sort of forum that would appreciate strategy talk for the diferent games? Such as a compression offense breakdown for NCAA?
Yes, I am a UM fan and wish nothing but the worst for the sweater vest. As for going to an OSU spring game, why go when you could be doing something far more interesting like cutting your toe nails :-)
Old 04-07-2009, 06:23 PM   #39
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
When I think of NCAA 10, I think of NCAA 09 with the following changes:

1. Deep passing by CPU
2. Passing pocket
3. Bowl/championship game endzones
4. Working sliders
5. Improved BCS/Poll ranking logic
6. Improved pursuit angles
7. Fixed bugs in online dynasty mode
8. Less interceptions and more incompletions
9. Improved CPU recruiting logic
10. Improved prospect generation

With those changes, I can become reasonably excited about playing NCAA 10. I'm not thrilled and I'm not expecting a lot more than what's listed above, but it is enough to be a good football game. NCAA 09 was a decent football game with terrible bugs and poor presentation.

I'm sure we'll get some new game mode or new feature that's going to be huge, but I'm mainly concerned with actually being able to get 20 years into a dynasty again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
If they....

1. Get rid of the ridiculous speed changes they made last year.
2. Fix the horrid pursuit angles.
3. Make major overhauls to the OL/DL interaction.
4. Make the ratings TRULY matter...and I mean that.

Then this game will be freaking awesome. With a presentation on par with the NCAA 2002-2004 OR College Hoops 2k8, it will be unbelievably freaking awesome.

Come on EA..deliver the goods for me!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The terrible cpu running game also ruined '09. I'm pretty confident that will be fixed and from what I've read about the new pass accuracy logic I expect more incompletions as well.

I still want to know if the cpu QB will throw deep and run their offense more effectively. They still mismange the talent they have and there are too many ineffective plays in the playbook.

I also want to see some improvement to the OL/DL interaction. It needs so much work that I really don't think its possible to fix in one year.

The truth is that dynasty mode with recruiting, building a program, constant roster turnovers is more exciting than anything Madden can offer in its franchise mode. Its still college football and come July, I'm sure I'll be a day one purchase no matter how bitter I am about the exclusion of QB ratings. I do think the player lock camera angle will be a great thing while on defense.
These posts represent my thoughts on the matter. I expect most of the issues to be greatly improved. We've already heard about a few of the long standing problems of the game being fixed.

Until we hear a definitive statement declaring that it is no absolutely no longer an issue, I'm with Rudy in being still very concerned about the C.P.U. playcalling and execution by the QB.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatervest09
You have to buy tickets to those? That sucks lol, i just get to walk into MSU's and UofM's.
Maybe it's based on the value of the team on the field, LOL

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »