Home

OMT: two small bugs

This is a discussion on OMT: two small bugs within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
OMT: two small bugs

A couple of simple issues I observed yesterday on 09. Kinda rare so not sure if you guys have seen them:

1) Commentary bug... I played a 3OT game and in the third OT I had to go for two and didn't get it, then my opponent had to go for two and got it. The bug is, right after he scored Herbstreit said something to the effect of, "I don't know if they just don't trust their kicker or what, but it worked!"

2) In Dynasty, sometimes a player that has transferred shows up as a Heisman candidate and/or preseason All American. That should not happen since they are not eligible to play that year. We've actually seen that a few times in our Online Dynasty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 04:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: OMT: two small bugs

I would like to add two other bugs that I have noticed:

1) I throw a TD pass with 0:00 left on the clock to win the game and I am forced to still kick the extra point. In real life, the team is not required to kick the extra point if they get a game winning touchdown score with 0:00 left on the clock because it doesn't matter.

2) In OT, I have the second possession after the opposing team kicked a field goal. I score on first, second, or third down to win the game. Kirk Herbstreit says, "Wow! What an exciting ending! I don't know if it was the Overtime or the fact that they went for it on fourth down..." This is silly since I didn't go for it on fourth down.

Both of these bugs should be addressed.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev

1) I throw a TD pass with 0:00 left on the clock to win the game and I am forced to still kick the extra point. In real life, the team is not required to kick the extra point if they get a game winning touchdown score with 0:00 left on the clock because it doesn't matter.
if your only up by 1 or 2 points u have to kick it cause the d can block the kick and run it back for two points
Old 04-05-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Another bug I'd love to have fixed that's pretty minor to some:

---Losing a bowl/conference championship game/neutral site game will count against you as a "home" loss if you are wearing your home jerseys. I hate losing a big bowl or big game and have me down as "Lost 1" for my home win streak. Fix this one please.
Old 04-06-2009, 01:23 PM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev

2) In OT, I have the second possession after the opposing team kicked a field goal. I score on first, second, or third down to win the game. Kirk Herbstreit says, "Wow! What an exciting ending! I don't know if it was the Overtime or the fact that they went for it on fourth down..." This is silly since I didn't go for it on fourth down.

Both of these bugs should be addressed.
Hmmm.. can't seem to find that line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #6
Pro

Cane_Mutiny's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxedo9000
Another bug I'd love to have fixed that's pretty minor to some:

---Losing a bowl/conference championship game/neutral site game will count against you as a "home" loss if you are wearing your home jerseys. I hate losing a big bowl or big game and have me down as "Lost 1" for my home win streak. Fix this one please.
Yeah, that sucks
That a life without knowledge is death in disguise?"
Old 04-06-2009, 01:56 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 39

yes, I have also experienced all of these things..the commentary is way off.

One is late in the game on a drive...it will be 2nd or 3rd down and Herbstreit will say something close to "well here it is, it all comes down to this 4th down conversion..otherwise they go home"

The commentators also speak simultaneously a lot.
Old 04-06-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm sorry OMT. That is not a verbatim quote. Still, it is something to the effect of "I can't believe they went for it on fourth down and got it. They must not trust their kicker" when I score a TD on 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down in the second possession of OT (after the CPU has just kicked a FG). Obviously, if it is not fourth down yet, I am going to still try and go for a first down or TD rather than send my special teams out (because a TD wins it and a field goal ties it). This is what makes the line so silly.

And what BORN4CORN says is also true. I have been playing near the end of the game and Brad Nessler or Kirk Herbstreit will talk about how it is my last chance when it is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd down (still time on the clock) and not 4th down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »