Home

I have given up..............This is a rant

This is a discussion on I have given up..............This is a rant within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: I have given up..............This is a rant

i hate rants..

FAIL
Old 04-06-2009, 07:10 PM   #10
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

The '99 or '00 game had Ricky Williams on the cover. In that game the players were paper thin, couldn't turn at all but I had much more fun playing that at the time than playing '09. At least the games were close and entertaining instead of beating ranked teams 98-0 every game.
Old 04-06-2009, 08:52 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I actually already made a rant thread that is pages and pages long

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...series-18.html

But I 100% agree with you.

As for the guy who said are we expecting a perfect game with everything in it? Nah, we'd just settle for an enjoyable game that is fun to play, with SOME attention to detail and one that keeps us coming back for more. There are tons of games out there that do that today already so why is it so crazy for us to hope EA makes a football game like that??????????

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 09:02 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

I would like to add this, no game is perfect nor do expect this game to be. I DO, however, expect the ball to spin more than once when there is a bullet pass(it's not a the shot put, it's football.) I expect a little defense from the computer every now and then. How about a dog pile after a fumble? Never mind how about just start with the things we had in 06. If you cant figure out how to get those things in then you dont deserve the NCAA license, plain and simple. I am not saying people should get fired, i am saying get it right or give up the license. Isnt that what Obama is saying to the auto industry? We should get a great demo this year, i am talking 5 minute quarters with the works. I remember when i was in junior college not so long ago, most of the football players played this game during downtime in the summer. I took the game seriously and hated to lose, our head coach would even come by and play us. The defensive coordinator would even use it to help illustrate defensive assignments. The day the game released was a great day, now when the game is released i am hoping it doesnt suck as bad as last year's.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:16 PM   #13
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16

I agree halfway. 09 is NOT the worst incarnation, but to be honest, it was fun until you realized defense was only successful by random chance. I never felt the CPU beat me because they had a superior gameplan, but because they made unbelievable mind blowing plays that I couldn't defend even if I had the right defense called because the 10 players I didn't control couldn't adjust. If they fix cpu play calling and improve player awareness along with robo qbs I'll be happy.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:50 PM   #14
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

I've given up on NCAA until they bring back quality defense in the game (the 'wide open gameplay' effectively killed the series for me), but at least Madden looks promising.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
I've given up on NCAA until they bring back quality defense in the game (the 'wide open gameplay' effectively killed the series for me), but at least Madden looks promising.
I agree but I also find that NCAA is lacking in presentation, the atmosphere is sterile, the players and sidelines are generic, just the entire thing is not right. The game is always fun at first but after a week or two it feels like you're just doing the same thing again and again and that's when you realize it's not realistic enough to replicate the dynamics of real football.

Ditto to Madden, although Madden at least looks better (but still has a long ways to go in that department as well).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 11:07 PM   #16
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I'd just like to state that I can hear where you guys are coming from. But I'm in a dynasty where basically the same 12 guys have been playing since the game came out. We're in 2014 and we have no recruiting rules. You'd think that if there were absolutely no pass rush, no D, etc. that we'd be scoring 60 points a game against each other. Instead, the games have been relatively low scoring, plenty of turnovers, hell in the last game I played there were 4 punts to start the game.

The only time we have blowouts is when somebody comes out and tries to be too aggressive, throws 4 picks in the first half and three of them are returned for touchdowns....

I think that the complaints about the games vs. the cpu are definitely well-founded. But it seems like there is an equal number of complaints that say "I'm sick of beating the cpu 100-0" and "I hate how the cpu is unstoppable on offense!"

Which is it? Both somehow? I don't get it. Frankly, our league pretty much handles the cpu every game with ease, and our big games are the vs. the other user games which are 4-5 times per season. We still haven't had a user vs. user national championship, which shows you how close the games are... We almost never have two unbeaten teams in a season. I've never had more fun with a game than I have with NCAA 2009 thanks to online dynasty and the fact that there is some defense in this game if you know how to call plays and have a tad bit of skill skills. I know I'm in the vast majority. Begin flaming.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »