Home

When is progressive lighting/dynamic weather coming back?

This is a discussion on When is progressive lighting/dynamic weather coming back? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:45 AM   #1
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13
When is progressive lighting/dynamic weather coming back?

I am glad they are doing things like bowl game artwork for endzones, and hopefully bowl patches (Madden has them again finally), but I need progressive lighting!

I am seeing all these shots of dusk games with the new screen caps coming out, but if it stays that way for a whole game this gamer will be heavily disappointed.

Dynamic weather needs to be brought back as well. I know I have made many wish lists over the years and have even written articles here about this stuff, but please it is 2010 for these games. I have spent hundreds of dollars on games, tv's, consoles and I should be treated with the best possible product that captures what you actually see at a football game each weekend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: When is progressive lighting/dynamic weather coming back?

Back when it was announced that progressive lighting was removed from 09, It was stated that it SHOULD be back for 10 (sorry I don't have a link, just going from memory here). I would also like conformation of this, simply because this is an old feature they removed, and not a "new to this-gen" feature.

Sideshow Bob
Old 04-08-2009, 12:42 PM   #3
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I am glad they are doing things like bowl game artwork for endzones, and hopefully bowl patches (Madden has them again finally), but I need progressive lighting!
Bowl patches are 99.999% out. I asked that question a while back.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:57 PM   #4
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

I'm pretty sure progressive lighting will be in NCAA 10. based on a few of the screenshots that looked to be from the same game.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I'm pretty sure progressive lighting will be in NCAA 10. based on a few of the screenshots that looked to be from the same game.
Really? Cause the ones I have seen it just looks like dusk each shot. I hope I am wrong.

GT; I remember hearing that too, but have not heard anything since then. I can't imagine them scrapping the work they put in for the 3 times of day to put back in something that is harder to pull off that quickly though. It really disappoints me though if it is not back in.

MJ; That really stinks about the bowl patches! I assume next year they can use what Madden has done and get them in again. For years going to and winning a bowl game on next gen hasn't been special at all. I remember trying to win bowl games back on sega genesis with different teams just to see what unique celebrations there were for the teams. I remember the buffalo running on the field for Colorado as one. A lot of teams just were fireworks, but it felt like a sense of acomplishment, well at least to this gradeschooler lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 01:13 PM   #6
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Really? Cause the ones I have seen it just looks like dusk each shot. I hope I am wrong.
the Ohio State pictures shows it, if they were taken from the same game.

you have this shot, which looks to be the opening kickoff. notice the shadow from the stadium, it is not even to the hash mark yet.

then you have this shot, appears to be later in the game, you can see that the shadows have moved now, it now covers both hash marks lines and the players who are in the center of the field.

of course, this doesn't mean anything, if these shots weren't taken from the same game.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 27

I want this back as well. The little things do matter.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #8
Banned

2krules's Arena

OVR: 19

Yeah, progressive lighting was beautiful, man.
6 AM games were the best, as far as i'm concerned. They start out dark, then that beautiful daybreak, then dawn, then morning sky. Many phases - gorgeous.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »