Home

Remember the days...

This is a discussion on Remember the days... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Remember the days...

Remember the days when getting the latest installment of an EA Sports game was exciting? Remember how you could barely contain your enthusiasm while you tore open the ceramic wrapping and struggled to break the security seal (those darn things...lol)? Remember how fresh and new the game seemed when you popped it into your PS 2 or XBox and saw all the changes EA had in store? Remember when the new sports title felt, well, new?

Nowadays (NG sports games) you plop the game into your PS3 or XBox 360 and just hope the gameplay is not broken. Every latest installment feels exactly like the year before with one new gimmicky feature and updated rosters (though this is not that tough, since the players are nameless). Since when did this become acceptable? Since when did we, the fans, start settling for less?

This is not enough. This is not acceptable. This is not meant to be rant post but a call out post to the EA devs. We have high expectations for this year's version because EA is a company that has high expectations for itself. Let's bring back the good ol' days again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #2
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Remember the days...

Definitely remember those days. If I could have seen myself I'm sure I'd have had myself committed to an asylum somewhere. I could either not sleep all night and go to work the next morning for a couple days and then finally crash and sleep for 2 or 3 hrs and wake up at 4 so I could get a couple hrs of gaming in before work.

Now we get a demo warning us how badly it will suck. I've actually not bought on opening day the last few versions.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
Definitely remember those days. If I could have seen myself I'm sure I'd have had myself committed to an asylum somewhere. I could either not sleep all night and go to work the next morning for a couple days and then finally crash and sleep for 2 or 3 hrs and wake up at 4 so I could get a couple hrs of gaming in before work.

Now we get a demo warning us how badly it will suck. I've actually not bought on opening day the last few versions.
I remember back in 2005 I was on my honeymoon in Hawaii when the game came out. I thought I would wait till I got back home to buy it. As luck would have it, I went to a WalMart in Hawaii and picked up the game there. As soon as we got home I couldn't wait to open it up and put in NCAA 06 for the Xbox.

I still play that game with my bro when I am at his place.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #4
MVP

I Peench's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Remember the days when getting the latest installment of an EA Sports game was exciting?
Still is and always will be for me. Yes in many ways this generation has been dissapointing. While the game has taken a step forward in many respects, it has taken a step backwards in just as many...if not more. Irrespective of this, I still get very excited every year for this game. I'm just too much of a college football fan not to be optimistic year in and year out. No doubt 10 will be better than 09. The gameplay is garbage yet I still find myself entrenched in two ODs having a ball.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:59 PM   #5
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I remember like it was last July.....OH WAIT...it was.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

I haven't been really excited for any sports game for a long time. They just aren't as good as other games, but i do remember heading over to my friends house to get that first, annual game of Madden/NCAA in back on the PS2. I also remember playing Madden looong after the football season had ended, i haven't even been able to complete one season mode in Madden/NCAA since its next gen arrival. That was always a blast. I haven't felt that emotion in any way towards a Madden or NCAA this generation.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

I remember getting NCAA 2003 and having to wait until after work to get home to play it. Oddly enough, I don't remember the day I bought 2004, even though I conisder that the greatest football game ever. I logged so many hours on that puppy, it was unreal.

Those were the days....but I guess it's just like everything else. For example, we have all this technology now, but nothing worthwhile to use it for. You can find 5 interviews of 2pac & Biggie on YouTube, but yet you can find 100+ interviews of Soulja Boy.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:50 PM   #8
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i still cant wait these days...i still like the game despite its flaws. will probably take that day off just to play it and the same will go for Madden. Its a holiday for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »