Home

One problem I have with the video...

This is a discussion on One problem I have with the video... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 16
One problem I have with the video...

I noticed how Tiburon changed recruiting alot. I like the competitive aspect, but in the little tidbit of the competitive recruiting, I saw a new pitch option, "downplay". If you missed it, you might have too watch it a few times, because it was only there for a second. Downplaying IS NOT competitive bidding, IT IS called negative recruiting, which is what Urban Cryer, Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin, and pretty much every SEC coach, with alot of other coaches around the nation are kings of. Negatice recruiting should help you get a recruit, but not that much. Also, downplaying a school should lower the coaches integrity. I hope all the coaches are named, and theres assistants as well, like Calvin Magee and Greg Robinson are Michigans OC's and DC's respectively.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 10:33 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: One problem I have with the video...

Couple of points I'll make...If team A goes 13-0 and team B goes 6-7 (bowl games included for those that don't know). Team A coach will naturally say "kid, team B finished below .500 last year". If you're recruiting someone and they're high on a particular pitch, an opposing coach will automatically downplay the other teams pitch. Think of your favorite place to eat.....now, I really like another place, what would you say about the place I like to convince me your place is better. "Their burger's come from a slaughter house that failed their inspection..." etc.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 PM   #3
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10
Icon9 Re: One problem I have with the video...

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
I noticed how Tiburon changed recruiting alot. I like the competitive aspect, but in the little tidbit of the competitive recruiting, I saw a new pitch option, "downplay". If you missed it, you might have too watch it a few times, because it was only there for a second. Downplaying IS NOT competitive bidding, IT IS called negative recruiting, which is what Urban Cryer, Nick Saban, Lane Kiffin, and pretty much every SEC coach, with alot of other coaches around the nation are kings of. Negatice recruiting should help you get a recruit, but not that much. Also, downplaying a school should lower the coaches integrity. I hope all the coaches are named, and theres assistants as well, like Calvin Magee and Greg Robinson are Michigans OC's and DC's respectively.
I don't understand why you have a problem with it. You accept that that it's a realistic tactic that a lot of the coaches of top programs do. So you are just nit-picking that it is called Competitive Recruiting instead of Negative Recruiting?
Old 04-10-2009, 03:55 PM   #4
MVP

sdid22's Arena

OVR: 18

The whole point of recruiting is to sell your school to a kid. This is one of the top 3 decisions a young man will make in his life. Your job as a coach is to tell them why your university is the best fit for that athlete. Your integrity shouldn't do down because you point out that some clown is callin their team a championship contender when they went 5-7.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

i love the people that cry about realism then dont like certain aspects of the reality that is created. you want all the assistants' names and tendencies in the game however you dont want people to use the recruiting tactics that happen in the real world at these schools. life isnt all rainbows and sunshine, and you really cant say that people would lose integrity for talking kids out of going to other schools. they would in reality probally get more integrity because hey if you get all the good kids to come to your school then you will be right about the other school. if your right then your integrity will go up, it never says anything about beign nice or even fair to other schools.

i dont like to criticise people on here and im sorry if im being offensive but i really dont have much paitence for people that just dont know what their talking about, or have thier rose colored goggles on...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
MVP

sdid22's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpants
i love the people that cry about realism then dont like certain aspects of the reality that is created. you want all the assistants' names and tendencies in the game however you dont want people to use the recruiting tactics that happen in the real world at these schools. life isnt all rainbows and sunshine, and you really cant say that people would lose integrity for talking kids out of going to other schools. they would in reality probally get more integrity because hey if you get all the good kids to come to your school then you will be right about the other school. if your right then your integrity will go up, it never says anything about beign nice or even fair to other schools.

i dont like to criticise people on here and im sorry if im being offensive but i really dont have much paitence for people that just dont know what their talking about, or have thier rose colored goggles on...
Exactly
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 PM   #7
Pro

BraveHeart's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin

Well, since you feel that it's wrong....then don't use it, problem solved.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:23 PM   #8
MVP

The way I understood the feature is not that you downplay the other schools but rather that you downplay the importance of a certain pitch that another school might be better at than you to lower the importance of that pitch for the recruit. Pretty much he same way you would for a pitch that your school has a low rating in but that your target values highly. Basically, I think the downplay option is a new name for swaying down pitches that was already in the game.

The added benefit of the competitive recruiting feature is that it enables you to plan which pitches to sway up or down not only based on your own school`s strengths and weaknesses but also based on the schools you`re competing against.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »