Home

Question

This is a discussion on Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Are you guys starting to dislike the 09 version of the game with hope that the things
Yes 10 28.57%
Not really 13 37.14%
Already stopped playin 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-11-2009, 10:46 PM   #17
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus205
From what I got from DA you hold the A/X button while playing CB and it keeps you with the WR your assigned to no matter what cut he makes. Pass comes to you then you swat or pick with Y.You're right by saying they are catering to the folks w/o stick skills. I personally check WRs myself and read the routes they run. Sometimes I get beat,sometimes I jump the route and pick. Its part of the excitement of playing D not knowing if you made the right choice or not. I dont want to know i can run his route better than him every play.
I can see what you mean, it's not something I will be using, but I can imagine there will be some that will. hopefully there will be an on/off option for online dynasties that don't want people using it, but that seems unlikely. the first thing I'm doing when i get the game is switching the swap ball button back to "A" so it's like '09's controls. i believe they moved it to "LB" or "RB"

I forgot to add this part to my other post:
it is all supposedly based on the player's ratings, so if the user is using the defensive assists with a bad player, it will play like a bad CPU controlled player and vice versa.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here

Last edited by Solidice; 04-11-2009 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 10:53 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
I can see what you mean, it's not something I will be using, but I can imagine there will be some that will. hopefully there will be an on/off option for online dynasties that don't want people using it, but that seems unlikely. the first thing I'm doing when i get the game is switching the swap ball button back to "A" so it's like '09's controls. i believe they moved it to "LB" or "RB"

I forgot to add this part to my other post:
it is all supposedly based on the player's ratings, so if the user is using the defensive assists with a bad player, it will play like a bad CPU controlled player and vice versa.
I think its not working right also. Heres something i read:
Quote:
Defensive Assist was made to assist a player in movement. Many times when a person takes control of a player they may waver from their zone or their defensive assignment and this helps get the player back on track. When you are on a player and you hold down A on the 360 (X on the PS3) the player is supposed to automatically move to the correct position. It actually works pretty well when it is activated but I had trouble getting it tow work consitently. I really tested it out as the DB and the WR running an in or an out and held the defensive assist down to not loose the WR when they made their cut. I was able to stay in position and pick off the pass a couple of times. So for those who like to play DB this will be a nice feature to use. Like I said I had a difficult time getting it to work all the time. Sometimes my man would just stand there on Man to man and leave the WR wide open.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #19
All Star

OVR: 24

I just stopped playing about a week ago. The last dynasty i was in was on a 10 day break and during that time i didn't play game once. When we restarted i just didn't find the game as enjoyable as i recalled. I don't know if its because i played some APF during that time or what.

So far these updates for 2010 are actually doing the reverse for me. I am finding myself less interested in the 2010 version. Sure they are improvements but really nothing is peaking my interest as of yet.

On the other hand Madden might get my money this year. Ian is doing things i am interested in, or at least selling me better. Right now i am going with Fight Night 4 instead of NCAA 2010. Better be some amazing features left or the videos better be godlike to get me interested again.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

Haha, did the NCAA 10 info do it to me? While the news of them actually acknowlegding the shotgun and double wing formations has me excited, i got bored with playing 5-wide v. 5-wide back in November and sold it.
Old 04-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #21
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
. Right now i am going with Fight Night 4 instead of NCAA 2010. Better be some amazing features left or the videos better be godlike to get me interested again.
I HAVE to have FNR4. When does it drop?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #22
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweatervest09
Haha, did the NCAA 10 info do it to me? While the news of them actually acknowlegding the shotgun and double wing formations has me excited, i got bored with playing 5-wide v. 5-wide back in November and sold it.
I stopped playing online around that time. In the dynasties I am apart of we only see 5 wide when trying to overcome a big 4th quarter deficit

Old 04-12-2009, 10:50 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
I HAVE to have FNR4. When does it drop?
Late June, early July. Not sure why EA is releasing NCAA and FNR4 so close to each other, seems kinda stupid to me.
Old 04-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #24
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
Late June, early July. Not sure why EA is releasing NCAA and FNR4 so close to each other, seems kinda stupid to me.
Yeah, it doesnt make much sense. Especially considering America's money issues in this day n age.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »