Home

We need a new physics engine!

This is a discussion on We need a new physics engine! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4
We need a new physics engine!

Hey guys, have any of u heard any info on a new physics engine. It just baffles how horrible the physics are in this game. I kind like last gens physics, where u had to lay off the spd button to make a cut. Like make size and momentum matter, big bruising backs become useless b/c there is know sense of size or power. I see to many times when a 170lb corner smashing a 250lb TE, or a 190lb rb stiff arming 300+ dt to ground. Or when man a is able to run in one direction and when the ball is thrown stop on a dime and fly back the oppisite direction. It seems like there are just random animations that play when collision happen. I think a new engine would eliminate many problems. Any thoughts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2009, 10:33 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 33
Re: We need a new physics engine!

No.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

They added player momentum this year, hopefully it helps.
Old 04-12-2009, 12:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

That's for damn sure, with euphoria there would be no need for any stick, just something like a button to lower shoulder and a strength burst, and it wouldn't be a big hit every time because it would be actual physics not canned animations. and tackles would be realistic. but until they can do something about the rag doll effects, you guys don't need to say how much euphoria wouldn't work, especially with how throwing passes would work out. Maybe madden can take some of that money and maybe get NaturalMotion to make a better engine...the madden guy said that itd take a year to do but anybody with a brain knows that ea is just looking out for their greedy asses on that one and i doubt they plan on getting a new engine in the near future, i mean who wouldnt wait an extra year for a sick madden that would have more potential that this one now? Juts play gta4 if you dont know what euphoria is...or watch this vid:http://www.naturalmotion.com/euphoria.htm
Old 04-12-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yes, absolutely. One of their main features severelly violated physics and biology (110 degree cutting while going full speed?). That and the god stick (highlite stick) working against the first person you use it, every time, basically nothing else being taken into consideration. (EX. I was playing my buddy and decided i wanted to go for 2 with my FG unit, so we get into an ace formation, and the D is in goaline with their gigantic field goal blocking unit, i hand it off to my kicker, and he runs around the tackle while stiff arming Orakpo).
---
And im not head over heels for euphoria, there seemed to be quite a few things off with body movement, such as the way they change direction, which is a major factor for a football game. It's a pretty good idea though, i wont fault them at that.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »