Home

Has anyone had a RB like this in their OD?

This is a discussion on Has anyone had a RB like this in their OD? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Has anyone had a RB like this in their OD?

i've had a 6'2" 260 pound athlete that i turned into a power back with 92 speed
Old 04-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #18
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

I had one in '08 with SMU. He split time with my speed back and would often close out drives and ball games. He was around an 88 or 89 speed but he could break a lot of tackles. He was really fun to play with because the yards felt earned. Instead of trying to hit the corner everytime it was like a beathe of fresh air trying to truck defenders.
Old 04-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 6

i had an armed forces OD and darn if i didnt have an awesome power back. we allowed recruiting cheats, as this was a not serious OD just a casual one waiting for the other ones to catch up and play games. anyways i had one good one and one ok one. 90 speed power back had about 1200 yrds with him.

sad that yes it is possible to get a power back that is worth it, not likely and not often worth it to recruit them. needs to be fixed? yeah but ill deal. you should have seen the look on peoples face when i beat the hell out of them with a slow power back. when you line up and know that your good for 3 to 5 yards a pop no matter how bad my blocking is... ah nothing more demoralizing
Old 04-14-2009, 03:38 AM   #20
Rookie

SmoothOlaf's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevJo
You can run with an 88 speed guy. The problem is, most NCAA players don't have the patience to gain 2 yards, 4 yards, 1 yard, 8 yards, 6 yards, 2 yards, 5 yards like a realistic running game.
Why have patience gaining 2 yards, 4 yards, etc. when I can gain 20 yards, 40 yards, TD?
Old 04-14-2009, 11:52 AM   #21
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteFury
Are you serious? I have no hope? All the time I've spent searching through the recruiting boards season after season to find a back that is a complete monster and still has some speed?

I feel robbed.
I know it sucks how speed overpowers everything. I was in an OD with Cal and had a 95 ovr power back who had 87 spd..couldnt do anything against human controlled teams. I think this is one aspect that ruined not just the gameplay but the recruiting. Other players in my dynasty would sort their recruits by speed and not caliber. Its pretty easy for teams to get a 2 star RB with a lot of speed. EA fix this non sense please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverinesFinest
Sadly, Ive had someone do to me what rudi johnson did...but it was TRENDAN HOILDAY, 5'8 170 guy breaks 6 of my tackles for a 40 yard td run. This NEEDS to be fixed.
He shouldnt be breaking any tackles at all..haha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 01:26 PM   #22
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothOlaf
Why have patience gaining 2 yards, 4 yards, etc. when I can gain 20 yards, 40 yards, TD?
Right, that's what the rest of my post was about, the part you left out of your quote. It's not that the power running game is bad, it's that the speed running game (or speed anything else game) is unrealistically good.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:48 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 26

I've had a few good powerbacks in my time. Let me say this want to recruit a Powerback with 92-95 spd....well then create yourself one and put him in the recruting process...it works farely easy....i do it...but here are some i can throw out there see if you wanna use them.

Brian Jones 6'0 222-95spd
Justin Miles 5'11 226-93spd
Daniel Knight 6'1 243 91-spd
Marquis Taylor 6'0 242 92spd
Jamario Thomas 5'11 244 92spd

There are a few you could create if you want...they are damn worthy to me.....i enjoyed each one over the yrs that they played.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #24
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellisan
Yeah, the problem is, a guy in the 88 speed range literally is too slow to get past the defensive linemen and into the 2nd level. He'll be stopped FAR more often than not. What's more, the strong power backs seem to break fewer tackles than a more speed-oriented back with good elusiveness. I've no idea why. That aspect of the game is just screwed.
I do well with power backs like that. I make sure I don't hit the trigger until I am in/through the hole. The trigger is a magic "come off your block" button for the defense, not just turbo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »