Home

Atmosphere!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Atmosphere!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 AM   #9
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Atmosphere!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer
OK, Strauser should be fired if he's the one that suggested mascot celebrations. Way too much desire for mascots. Haumiller also lied because he said the sidelines were interactive...WRONG! Sidelines suck. We need better crowd noise.

The game intro's have been beautiful the past two years. What I mean is when you turn on the console and it has all those scenes like Howard's Rock, the Carrier Dome etc. It makes me wonder if that's a lot of waste or not. It may not have taken Adam and them long for that.

I'd love to see, to start each game, an overhead shot pan around the stadium and from the overhead view, once a game is started where the NCAA plus the helmet match-up, say if you're playing at Clemson, you'd see the players run down the hill from a distance while Nessler and the others are talking. We won't have the close up but at least we'd see their intro and the crowd and noise would have to go nuts. That's one option. The same with Tennesse running thru the T. It would be shown from the overhead so you wouldn't have to use specific players, it would just be generic players each year because you wouldn't be close enough to see specifics. Then it could go down to the field and show players pumping each other up and have a couple of featured players etc.
That is a really good idea and i would bet that if some sort of pregame added to NCAA it would be something similar to that.

Personally, pregame isn't one of my main concerns but the in game feel of the game is. If i am playing an unranked team the atmosphere shouldn't be the same as if i was playing with in a national championship!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
ODogg readies himself for the 83,000 messages that will say "Gameplay comes before everything else and they should work to perfect that before working on anything else"... *rolls eyes*
Lol i see what you did there, but no one thinks that gameplay is the only thing needed to build a great game.Logic says its more important than adding new cleats , facemasks and other luxury items.Atmosphere is something that would add to the game big time, btw who refers to themselves in a third person?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #11
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Lol i see what you did there, but no one thinks that gameplay is the only thing needed to build a great game.Logic says its more important than adding new cleats , facemasks and other luxury items.Atmosphere is something that would add to the game big time, btw who refers to themselves in a third person?
Definitely! Atmosphere adds a lot. The gameplay shortcomings must be fixed too but if/when the crowd goes wild as the player breaks the tackle that looks like it will lead to a huge play means a lot too. That has been missing. Also, I'd like to hear the crowd go nuts when you make that Def. stop on 3rd down. Teams should have less success when going for it on 4th down. There should definitely be high-risk factored in. I rambled on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 12:06 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrhammer

The game intro's have been beautiful the past two years. What I mean is when you turn on the console and it has all those scenes like Howard's Rock, the Carrier Dome etc. It makes me wonder if that's a lot of waste or not. It may not have taken Adam and them long for that.

I'd love to see, to start each game, an overhead shot pan around the stadium and from the overhead view, once a game is started where the NCAA plus the helmet match-up, say if you're playing at Clemson, you'd see the players run down the hill from a distance while Nessler and the others are talking. We won't have the close up but at least we'd see their intro and the crowd and noise would have to go nuts. That's one option. The same with Tennesse running thru the T. It would be shown from the overhead so you wouldn't have to use specific players, it would just be generic players each year because you wouldn't be close enough to see specifics. Then it could go down to the field and show players pumping each other up and have a couple of featured players etc.
That is what I'm screaming for!!!!!! Great minds do think alike. Speaking for myself...those scenes would never get old because Clemson, Tennesse, and others do those things every week, so I would never get tired of seeing that. Michigan's would be sweet! More crowd shots incorporated with the mascot and cheerleaders shots. Less mascot, more fans.

Also, I think its about time for score updates to make their return.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #13
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbdeuce
That is what I'm screaming for!!!!!! Great minds do think alike. Speaking for myself...those scenes would never get old because Clemson, Tennesse, and others do those things every week, so I would never get tired of seeing that. Michigan's would be sweet! More crowd shots incorporated with the mascot and cheerleaders shots. Less mascot, more fans.

Also, I think its about time for score updates to make their return.
Definitely need more stats in-game. I don't think we'll ever get score updates in OD though. We need an OD game, even head to head games to be just like the regular games with highlights, replays, etc. If you can celebrate with the mascot in an online dynasty game you should get the other stuff too. They need to scrap celebrate with the mascot altogether. That is as waste of time that we'll never get back. Rip it out.

About the team intros, I'm glad you concur. This way we'd all get what we want. The intro's would be quicker and we'd see the team entrance from overhead. You're right, this is part of the game each and every week. I know it would take some time but it would be something they could use for every version from here on out.
Old 04-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
I loved it when the screen would shake and home field advantage actually affected you instead of the controller rumbling, or when a player was flagged for excessive celebration.

I don't really understand why they didn't bring those over to the current gen consoles.
Seconded!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 8

Yea JD I don't expect us to get score updates in OD because of how it works..I'm so used to playing a dynasty by myself that I should said offline dynasty score updates...lol...and absolutely we need more stats.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPlex
I believe this is the next priority behind gameplay(to me equally important though). Atmosphere needs a major overhaul. Capturing the atmosphere in Ncaa is what will make it better than or really seperate it from madden. Fans and the athletes emotion is what needs to be intensified to make ncaa a great game.

I just had a vision of starting a game and the first thing I see are cutscenes of both of teams' buses arriving and players getting off in their sweats. Next you get a pan around the stadium(like 09), followed by both teams charging out of the tunnel and the stadium errupting. As soon as thats over the camera cuts to the teams warming up and commentators chatting it up. During the game I want to see the screen overlay similar to espn's where they have the revolving pics of the impact players. The thing I want to see more than anything is waaaaaaaaay more emotion in the players and fans after good plays, bad plays blowout wins and heartbreak losses.

This wont cut it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm2MV4aC5oE
Haha, wow, they really missed the mark last yr. I dont think anything that they said actually made it in the game other than the cheerleader cutscenes.

Yea they got a lot of work to do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »