Home

Atmosphere!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Atmosphere!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Atmosphere!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
Lol i see what you did there, but no one thinks that gameplay is the only thing needed to build a great game.Logic says its more important than adding new cleats , facemasks and other luxury items.Atmosphere is something that would add to the game big time, btw who refers to themselves in a third person?
both are needed

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-16-2009, 10:14 AM   #18
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

A car engine controls its performance ,but its all the luxury that make a Honda a Honda and a Benz a Benz!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:06 AM   #19
Banned

EAreaper26's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit
I loved it when the screen would shake and home field advantage actually affected you instead of the controller rumbling, or when a player was flagged for excessive celebration.

I don't really understand why they didn't bring those over to the current gen consoles.
i like the way it is in 09; where you can barely see the play art and the receivers cant hear the audible because the crowd is so loud. I would sometimes get a delay of game penalty because the receivers had to walk closer to the qb in order to hear the play...
Old 04-16-2009, 11:29 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 8

Football with no atmosphere.....hmmmmmmmm...........

The NFL preseason, The NFL weeks 2-13, NFL Europe, and the CFL
Old 04-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25

IMO...If they would just juice up the crowd noise and student section/Band, that would do alot for the atmosphere.

Since forever, the crowd has been pretty much stale. Last year brought back HFA and the crowd was a slight bit better. But i have been to dozens of statdiums for dozens of Top tier rivalries and general home games and the crowd can become LOUD beyond words.

On a different note. Why the hell dont they bring back the matchp stick? That was a GREAT addition in previous last gen versions. Really seperated seniors from freshman especially in big games/Bowl Games.

I hope they make some noticable changes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 03:53 PM   #22
Probably Insane

Village Idiot's Arena

OVR: 30

The idea about atmosphere I had recently came while playing some NHL 09. That game has multiple team intros. Around here, most references to team intros involves getting the "real" team intros into the game, such as the fog at Miami or the Go Blue banner at Michigan.

Well, my thought was, while "real" intros would be fine and good, they're not entirely necessary. Instead, what I would love to see is dynamic intros that correspond to how well your team is playing.

So you have a "base" intro, and this is the intro you'd get when you've lost your last game, or last few games. The crowd doesn't exactly cheer your arrival, there's even a smattering of boos, and the player's animations (body language) is modest and tame.

Then there's a "second level" intro, and this is the intro you'd get when you've won your last game, or last few games. This intro would have the crowd being a little louder, and your players would be shown with more emotion (jumping up and down, head shaking, etc.).

So on and so forth, maybe including six or seven intros in total, where they get better and better, all the way to the point where the intro itself will tell you how good your team (as well as your opponent) is playing.

So maybe for one game, your team exhibits "intro #2" (you were at intro #4 but lost) and your opponent exhibits "intro #6" (they've won 9 straight). Or maybe the intro for both teams is "intro #7" (a NC game, a bowl game, a #1 vs. #2 game).
Old 04-17-2009, 04:09 PM   #23
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Whoever talked about Tennessee running through the T and clemson running down the hill, I AGREE! :kigeramsey:

And how can you not mention my future alma mater?

while the players are hopefully running out the tunnel- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiZoY...eature=related (1:12 is where i get goosebumbs)

and after 3rd down- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OVfj...eature=related but im not as worried about that as much as the pregame

but what im trying to get at is how about locating the SS and making that portion of the stadium noticably louder?

like for example a 3rd and 10 in the north endzone (the SS) will cause HFA to come into full effect, whereas if you were in the South endzone will maybe cause your routes to squiggle.

know what i mean?

@AdamdotH
Old 04-17-2009, 04:26 PM   #24
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
Whoever talked about Tennessee running through the T and clemson running down the hill, I AGREE! :kigeramsey:

And how can you not mention my future alma mater?

while the players are hopefully running out the tunnel- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiZoY...eature=related (1:12 is where i get goosebumbs)

and after 3rd down- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OVfj...eature=related but im not as worried about that as much as the pregame

but what im trying to get at is how about locating the SS and making that portion of the stadium noticably louder?

like for example a 3rd and 10 in the north endzone (the SS) will cause HFA to come into full effect, whereas if you were in the South endzone will maybe cause your routes to squiggle.

know what i mean?
That was me tiger. I just named those two since they are really unique.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »