Home

Atmosphere!!!!!!!!

This is a discussion on Atmosphere!!!!!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2009, 02:48 AM   #1
Banned

MacPlex's Arena

OVR: 14
Atmosphere!!!!!!!!

I believe this is the next priority behind gameplay(to me equally important though). Atmosphere needs a major overhaul. Capturing the atmosphere in Ncaa is what will make it better than or really seperate it from madden. Fans and the athletes emotion is what needs to be intensified to make ncaa a great game.

I just had a vision of starting a game and the first thing I see are cutscenes of both of teams' buses arriving and players getting off in their sweats. Next you get a pan around the stadium(like 09), followed by both teams charging out of the tunnel and the stadium errupting. As soon as thats over the camera cuts to the teams warming up and commentators chatting it up. During the game I want to see the screen overlay similar to espn's where they have the revolving pics of the impact players. The thing I want to see more than anything is waaaaaaaaay more emotion in the players and fans after good plays, bad plays blowout wins and heartbreak losses.

This wont cut it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm2MV4aC5oE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 03:03 AM   #2
Rookie

fahrenheit's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Atmosphere!!!!!!!!

I loved it when the screen would shake and home field advantage actually affected you instead of the controller rumbling, or when a player was flagged for excessive celebration.

I don't really understand why they didn't bring those over to the current gen consoles.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:51 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

ODogg readies himself for the 83,000 messages that will say "Gameplay comes before everything else and they should work to perfect that before working on anything else"... *rolls eyes*

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #4
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I want better atmosphere just as much as gameplay. Great gameplay alone will get boring and great atmosphere alone just isnt enough we deserve both.

For the record theres nothing worst then playing your hated rivals only to have it feel like playing an FCS school boooring!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #5
Rookie

the onizzle's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm pretty sure the pre-game presentation is getting some kind of injection. They've hinted at it enough, so now it just comes down to how big of a deal it will be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #6
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

that would be a good addition at some point in the future...
Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

I hope the atmosphere of the game is greatly improved this year!
Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

OK, Strauser should be fired if he's the one that suggested mascot celebrations. Way too much desire for mascots. Haumiller also lied because he said the sidelines were interactive...WRONG! Sidelines suck. We need better crowd noise.

The game intro's have been beautiful the past two years. What I mean is when you turn on the console and it has all those scenes like Howard's Rock, the Carrier Dome etc. It makes me wonder if that's a lot of waste or not. It may not have taken Adam and them long for that.

I'd love to see, to start each game, an overhead shot pan around the stadium and from the overhead view, once a game is started where the NCAA plus the helmet match-up, say if you're playing at Clemson, you'd see the players run down the hill from a distance while Nessler and the others are talking. We won't have the close up but at least we'd see their intro and the crowd and noise would have to go nuts. That's one option. The same with Tennesse running thru the T. It would be shown from the overhead so you wouldn't have to use specific players, it would just be generic players each year because you wouldn't be close enough to see specifics. Then it could go down to the field and show players pumping each other up and have a couple of featured players etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »