Home

Question about incoming freshmen player ratings?

This is a discussion on Question about incoming freshmen player ratings? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2009, 11:31 PM   #33
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: Question about incoming freshmen player ratings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
meh, the only thing that he resembles a gazzel at is his long strides, damn somebody's a homer lol, do u really think he's that fast? honestly?
Pryor is way faster than a 84 he runs away from people! His long stride makes him look slower but that kid can move no less than a 89 for him.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargers_31
Which is exactly what he does. I played highschool football with the dude. Can't seem to remember a play where he DID stay in the pocket to be 100% honest. Look at his highlight tape for **** sake. Can't wait to play with him and tell all the people who whine that it's cheese that I'm actually playing sim style with him.

Looks like he took most of his tapes down from Youtube for whatever reason, but:

http://www.sandiegoballers.com/09ForcierTate.wmv - his sophomore year

http://www.maxpreps.com/fanpages/max...8-71614E41DF5E - junior year

He's got some more but for whatever reason he thinks it's necessary to put 10 plays a game in his 1321 highlight reels.
I never thought I would see the day where you could find a player that is everything thats wrong with EA football lmao. Throwing greatly on the run, running around the pocket, breaking tackles, and he can throw off the back foot

Talk about your worst nightmare.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by longshanks
technically griffin from baylor should be the fastest qb in the game at around 94

and giving shepard 92-93 is still too high
If were talking about football speed and not track speed he should be easily 92-93...Go watch his highlight tapes, kid pulls away from everyone. If Shepard played WR you would agree that he should have 92-93 speed, but you handicap him because he is a QB...That is the wrong way to look at.

People get too caught up with "cheesing", but Shepard is fast...Just watch him play this year. Kid is fast, quick and agile. His passing is not good at all. I would give him 86 THP and 76 ACC as a freshman..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #36
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by eritraj
If were talking about football speed and not track speed he should be easily 92-93...Go watch his highlight tapes, kid pulls away from everyone. If Shepard played WR you would agree that he should have 92-93 speed, but you handicap him because he is a QB...That is the wrong way to look at.

People get too caught up with "cheesing", but Shepard is fast...Just watch him play this year. Kid is fast, quick and agile. His passing is not good at all. I would give him 86 THP and 76 ACC as a freshman..
But the question is will the 76 ACC people playing him. EA has not done a good job in the past of making QB ACC really mean something.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:41 PM   #37
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
So what about T.Pryor?
87-89
Old 04-17-2009, 07:36 PM   #38
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue10
What criteria go into assigning player ratings for freshmen? Is early enrollment taken into consideration? For instance Michigan has an incoming frosh QB who has olympic track speed, how is this determined?
I assume they go based off info from scouting services, since that is a pretty big industry now (scout.com, rivals.com, etc)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »