Home

greg paulus

This is a discussion on greg paulus within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: greg paulus

how desperate is Rich Rod to even consider this? You would rather play a PG from Duke who hasnt played in an offense in 4 years than a QB who actually played for the team last year. he only has 1 year and what long term benefit does this have?
Old 04-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 8

I think the Paulus signing would be interesting, I was thinking around 73-75. He is a guy that was ranked as one of the top QBs in the nation coming out of high school.

Rich Rod must want to give Forcier some time to develop and/or is desperate to improve on 3 wins from last year.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #11
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared52
Well, it's not like he's been sitting on his butt for 4 years either. He might not be ready to take a hit from a backside DT, but he's still been a college athlete at an elite basketball program.
Tell me how that would positively effect anything but his conditioning for football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #12
MVP

mmorg's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindella2
how desperate is Rich Rod to even consider this? You would rather play a PG from Duke who hasnt played in an offense in 4 years than a QB who actually played for the team last year. he only has 1 year and what long term benefit does this have?
I don't think it's desperation. It's a smart move on Rich Rod's part. It gets the media talking about MU football, plus it also sends a message to Robinson, Forcier, Cone, and Sheridan. The message being, "someone still needs to step it up."

Plus what is the risk by bringing Paulus in? Zero. He still has 4 guys that are in the system and can play his offense.

The reward? Paulus is able to step in right away and command the offense and at least get Michigane bowl-eligible.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:23 PM   #13
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

OVR: 2

This scares the **** out of me as a Michigan fan. It means Rich Rod has NOBODY that can play his system. So now we are going to have to sit through a kid that hasn't picked up a football in 4 years and will only be around for 1 and THEN develope a real QB. Worst thing Michigan every did was hire Rod.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM   #14
Pro

OVR: 16

Michigan is no longer persuing him, and, amid other reports, reportedly never offered him a scholarship.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 04-17-2009, 08:13 PM   #15
Banned

If he goes, he will not start over forcier.

Forcier looks great for being so young, they are only looking to add him so if forc gets hurt they aren't stuck with sheridan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #16
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue!
This scares the **** out of me as a Michigan fan. It means Rich Rod has NOBODY that can play his system. So now we are going to have to sit through a kid that hasn't picked up a football in 4 years and will only be around for 1 and THEN develope a real QB. Worst thing Michigan every did was hire Rod.
you are smoking crack if you think the worst thing michigan did was hire richrod. he is going to turn that program around. It will start this year. His history is 2 years before he can start implementing his system. let him get his players. I was a loyd carr fan hated to see him go, i know not everyone felt this way but the man won 7 out of every 10 games he coached .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »