Home

greg paulus

This is a discussion on greg paulus within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2009, 08:21 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: greg paulus

he's not going to Michigan......he's weighing his options and i guarantee he's not going to UM

he wants to go somewhere where he is guaranteed to start and that's not Michigan
Old 04-17-2009, 09:03 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
If he goes, he will not start over forcier.

Forcier looks great for being so young, they are only looking to add him so if forc gets hurt they aren't stuck with sheridan.
If Forcier gets hurt, they can always go with Denard Robinson, and also Tate Forciers brother, Jason Forcier(former Michigan and Stanford QB) is back in Ann Arbor for grad school. He still has 1 year of eligibility left, so if he wants to play, and the NCAA grants the waiver, that'll be one interesting competition in the fall. The Forcier brothers, Denard Robinson, Nick Sheridan and David Cone, and then 2 preferred walk-ons, Nader Furrha and Jack Kennedy.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 04-17-2009, 11:12 PM   #19
Rookie

Africa Jr's Arena

OVR: 12

Didn't michigan get that olympic runner or something whos gonna be a QB maybe there gonna run a 2 QB formation that teams run in highschool I forgot what it is the name of the formation but basically they put two scrambling QB's an it confuses the hell out of the defense!
Old 04-18-2009, 01:01 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa Jr
Didn't michigan get that olympic runner or something whos gonna be a QB maybe there gonna run a 2 QB formation that teams run in highschool I forgot what it is the name of the formation but basically they put two scrambling QB's an it confuses the hell out of the defense!
Yes, Michigan does. He is an incoming freshman from Florida, named Denard Robinson. He ran a 10.28 100 meter dash...

Are you thinking of the wildcat?

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:05 AM   #21
Rookie

Africa Jr's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Yes, Michigan does. He is an incoming freshman from Florida, named Denard Robinson. He ran a 10.28 100 meter dash...

Are you thinking of the wildcat?
Its like that but a little bit different
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 05:44 AM   #22
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

I'm hoping this is all a pipedream. They need to continue to develop Sheridan. He is the closest thing to a fit for RRod. It was the fact that the O-line had no depth, speed or experience last year. But I will agree that Rich Rod wasn't a good fit for the Maize and Blue. We've played the same type of ball for 40 years and have a certain type of player we recruit and RR is gonna have to basically rebuild from scratch to implement his system. UofM fans aren't very patient, especially as Ohio Sate has just owned us for this decade. I'm really hoping this guy can find some guys to make his system work, but Greg Paulus isn't that guy. We finally got rid of the last Dookie we tried to bring in (TommyA). At least one ex-WVU coach panned out pretty well, maybe RR will be able to get it done... But not holding my breath.....

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-18-2009, 08:52 AM   #23
Rookie

GoBlue!'s Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
you are smoking crack if you think the worst thing michigan did was hire richrod. he is going to turn that program around. It will start this year. His history is 2 years before he can start implementing his system. let him get his players. I was a loyd carr fan hated to see him go, i know not everyone felt this way but the man won 7 out of every 10 games he coached .
His system won't work in the Big 10. It won't. OSU is going to own us for years. This ain't the Big East.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:06 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue!
His system won't work in the Big 10. It won't. OSU is going to own us for years. This ain't the Big East.
Since I am a die-hard Notre Dame fan, I have to say that the only thing that has made the last two years remotely bearable in perspective is the struggles of Michigan at the same time.

UM 2008 (3-9) was nearly a mirror image of ND 2007 (3-9)...both teams lost nearly all of their experienced offensive players and had horrible offensive lines and they both lost appalling games at home to vastly inferior programs...

If people want to get a reliable guage on what UM could be in 2009, then go back and watch ND 2008...with one crucial difference - the lack of an experienced and established QB to run the system.

The whiff on Pryor for Dick Rod set back his program by years... at least until he can find a QB that can run his system (and mask the problems of having the wrong kind of offensive linemen as well)...but once he does get that player in place (and the O-linemen to run his style instead of the former UM system) I think he will have them back to competitive with ND and on the heels of tOSU, IF he doesn't get fired before getting a legitimate shot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »