Home

greg paulus

This is a discussion on greg paulus within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2009, 03:42 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: greg paulus

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoBlue!
His system won't work in the Big 10. It won't. OSU is going to own us for years. This ain't the Big East.
B/C more than half of the Big 10 is running the spread...you are a fool if you think the Big 10 is lightyears beyond the Big East

just another typical old regime supporter afraid something new might work just as well if not better than before
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianFifaFan
I'm hoping this is all a pipedream. They need to continue to develop Sheridan. He is the closest thing to a fit for RRod. It was the fact that the O-line had no depth, speed or experience last year. But I will agree that Rich Rod wasn't a good fit for the Maize and Blue. We've played the same type of ball for 40 years and have a certain type of player we recruit and RR is gonna have to basically rebuild from scratch to implement his system. UofM fans aren't very patient, especially as Ohio Sate has just owned us for this decade. I'm really hoping this guy can find some guys to make his system work, but Greg Paulus isn't that guy. We finally got rid of the last Dookie we tried to bring in (TommyA). At least one ex-WVU coach panned out pretty well, maybe RR will be able to get it done... But not holding my breath.....
WTF are you talking about, Sheridan is a terrible fit for the spread offense, he is slow and doesn't have an arm on top of that. Sheridan is a terrible fit for any offense for that matter.

Did you miss the part where they recruited Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson who are both far more talented and fit the offense 100 times better than Sheridan. Or the part where they got a good recruiting class filled with guys who fits the system.

Sorry to go off on a fellow Michigan fan but your post made absolutely no sense.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 9

His system will work fine in the big 10 because michigan like OSU can pull the skilled athletes to run it. Look what Illinois did to ohio st a couple years ago. SPREAD....and not even a good one.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:33 PM   #28
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
WTF are you talking about, Sheridan is a terrible fit for the spread offense, he is slow and doesn't have an arm on top of that. Sheridan is a terrible fit for any offense for that matter.

Did you miss the part where they recruited Tate Forcier and Denard Robinson who are both far more talented and fit the offense 100 times better than Sheridan. Or the part where they got a good recruiting class filled with guys who fits the system.

Sorry to go off on a fellow Michigan fan but your post made absolutely no sense.
I was referring to Paulus in particular. But I'll stand by not putting in a new QB this year with a still inexperienced o-line. Now it's great he's building a team for the system, but neither one of those guys are gonna be ready come fall. Even Terrelle had a pared down system and Tressel called games to protect him. I'd rather have a guy with experience and transition to a new guy. Otherwise we'll have an even worse year, IMO. And seeing as he's a Saline guy and I was a Lincoln Railsplitter, I'm going for the local guy. I played against Saline in High School. So I gotta pull for my old conference!

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Old 04-19-2009, 12:12 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have no idea why UM fans are FREAKING out about this....saying its a sign of desperation and all that jazz.

Why not bring him in? what's the harm? Is it just because of the emphasis people place on the quarterback position? What if he doesn't play quarterback.

You try to add good players and athletes to your team. If one falls into your lap i think you take him.
Old 04-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #30
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

As a Michigan fan how could you say rich rod was a bad decision? Give him a chance to have his OWN players, that HE recruits, not lloyd carrs...In 2 years you will see how good michigan will be.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:11 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Africa Jr
Its like that but a little bit different
You are thinking of the A-11 offense. Legal in high school (in most states).

Legal in college but only on 4th down.

Yeah this system is sick.

Check it out. A-11 Offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 06:30 PM   #32
Pro

WolverinesFinest's Arena

OVR: 14

it's only legal in a few states

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »