Home

Wide Open Gameplay your friend!

This is a discussion on Wide Open Gameplay your friend! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-19-2009, 01:15 PM   #65
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Wide Open Gameplay your friend!

Quote:
Especially in the S E C !!!

+100

@AdamdotH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #66
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Something that hit me was how I'm all for there being breakdowns in the D at different times each game. The thing about how this game is programmed is its the same hole or the same breakdown for each formation or play. This way the cheesers can find exactly where they are and exploit them.

I'd like to see a DB hedge too far in zone coverage and get beat everynow and then & occasionally the over playing on hedge would pay off in an int. This way you'd actually have to read the D each play.

It would also be nice to have simple basic principles like keeping everything in front of the D. I really think if the LB's covered the flats a little better plus attacking the ball/reacting to where the ball is thrown quicker would be a huge help. I understand a RB being open in the flat but normally they are met quickly and either get tackled or make the LB miss. For many years, however, you couldn't get anything out of throwing to the flats so there has to be some happy medium.

The defense needs to react much quicker and top-notch D's with great speed should be hell to face.

I like some WOGP if it's installed correctly. If you make a stupid play call on D and make boneheaded tackling attempts, you should be able to get lit up.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:24 PM   #67
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
That's because he's only talking about CPU QB's, where it is a game-killing issue. Considering the vast majority of NCAA gamers play dynasty mode in some capacity, this is a huge problem that needs to be addressed for NCAA 10. I recall a dev saying this was a priority for NCAA 10 though, so I'm not overly concerned.

Also, Sean Bailey = That is some of the worst logic I've seen/heard and I can't believe an entire development team went along with such an absurd speed curve or OL/DL logic.
In head to head games there has to be something done for CPU AI against User catches/rocket catches. Even if I'm playing someone and don't switch to the DB in mid-route when the opponent takes control of the WR, there shouldn't be such an advantage for the WR.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:28 PM   #68
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Co-sign. Almost everyone told you the exact same thing, but it took rhombic to actually have you believe it.

SMH.
Thats because he said something other than "this is my opinion" he told me what the devs. said about 09!

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #69
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
That's because he's only talking about CPU QB's, where it is a game-killing issue. Considering the vast majority of NCAA gamers play dynasty mode in some capacity, this is a huge problem that needs to be addressed for NCAA 10. I recall a dev saying this was a priority for NCAA 10 though, so I'm not overly concerned.
I thought the problem against the computer was that it didn't throw deep enough? Or are you talking about the ease of user catching deep passes against the computer?
Old 04-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #70
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

100% agree with the last two posts. The entire game feels so scripted that I can predict what's happening next based on player positioning before and after the snap.

I'd say half of my INTs versus the CPU come on hook routes where the QB throws to the same spot every time or passes to the HB in the flats or down the middle (the HB becomes the primary target on every play for those who haven't noticed). That kind of repetitive behavior just destroys a game and cannot possibly be considered "wide open".

Wide open would be teams running reverses, flea flickers, option passes, and stretching the field vertically down the sidelines. Practically none of this occurs in this game, so I can't consider the gameplay "wide open".
Old 04-19-2009, 01:34 PM   #71
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhombic21
I thought the problem against the computer was that it didn't throw deep enough? Or are you talking about the ease of user catching deep passes against the computer?
Both are problems, but we're talking about the CPU not throwing deep. You'll be lucky to see the CPU throw a streak/fade/go once in a season against you offline. User catching can be fixed with sliders, but nothing can fix a CPU QB who never throws beyond 15-20 yards.

The primary target on every play is the nearest "open" receiver (usually a hook, slant, or in/out) or the HB coming out of the backfield. This is the main reason user teams can come up with 40+ INT every season against the CPU regardless of difficulty or sliders.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2009, 01:35 PM   #72
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Both are problems, but we're talking about the CPU not throwing deep. You'll be lucky to see the CPU throw a streak/fade/go once in a season against you offline. User catching can be fixed with sliders, but nothing can fix a CPU QB who never throws beyond 15-20 yards.

The primary target on every play is the nearest "open" receiver (usually a hook, slant, or in/out) or the HB coming out of the backfield. This is the main reason user teams can come up with 40+ INT every season against the CPU regardless of difficulty or sliders.
Yeah, but that's the opposite of "wide open" gameplay. Rudy was talking about WOGP in the context of creating more big plays on offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »