Home

EA Announces Four NCAA Football 10 Cover Athletes, Teambuilder News

This is a discussion on EA Announces Four NCAA Football 10 Cover Athletes, Teambuilder News within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2009, 03:17 PM   #65
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Official Teambuilder News

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
If we could have used this to get FCS school in dynasties great but if it works like it seems it does its pointless and very un-sim. Problem is they have never said there goal was going sim. That was Ian and Madden crew who vowed to go sim us NCAA fans get pointless stuff like Season Showdown and CAS that require you to remove a school fbs in a real conference just to add an extra school this is dumb! Sorry nobody can say this is sim it just isnt. It might be fun for a lot of you but far from sim. I dont understand how hardcore gamers can scream bloody murder over cheese play not being sim then ask for CAS when its done in this fashion! *SMH*
I think your taking the term "sim" too far.

and how can you compare "cheese" to CAS? one is a feature, the other is a gameplay thing. how can you play the game in third person and say it's "sim"?

I guess all the people that play APF2k8 are non-sim players too?

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 03:22 PM   #66
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

and how can you compare "cheese" to CAS? one is a feature, the other is a gameplay thing. how can you play the game in third person and say it's "sim"?

I guess its all about your opinion but I just think this was a waste of space if you cant add FCS schools without removing any FBS school. I dont want any half-***ed features. And a lot of them seem to be incomplete.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #67
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice

i agree. Create a school has nothing to do with a game being sim or arcade, the gameplay does.

Its not like your forced to use create a school so if you dont like the feature or think by using it that its fake football then you dont have to use it. A game being sim means that the gameplay is realistic, the presentation is realistic.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:23 PM   #68
Rookie

GigemAGGIES13's Arena

OVR: 5

It'll probably work in the same fashion as before...subbing your CAS in for a current Division I team. While I doubt it will exist, I'd like to have the option to sub a handful of CAS (Division II) in for those West/South/Midwest filler teams. That way we could at least play legitimate schools even if their stats and rosters are static.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2krules
I agree with you. This CAS feature adds to the game; it takes nothing away.

If people don't want CAS, they don't have to use it. I don't see the problem here.
Opportunity cost.

The NCAA team has a finite amount of resources. They've obviously chosen to dedicate a number of those resources to Teambuilder. By doing so, they no longer have those resources to use on something else.

In other words, doing Teambuilder has cost them the opportunity to do something else. That's the opportunity cost.

So yeah, there's certainly valid criticisms coming from people who would rather have something else. But that's also unavoidable, considering everyone prioritizes things differently.

Personally, I'm not sure I'll use it. I used it on the PS2, but since then I've grown to like taking a different mid-level school each year and building them up. I'll have to wait and see how good the implementation is.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #70
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I guess its all about your opinion but I just think this was a waste of space if you cant add FCS schools without removing any FBS school. I dont want any half-***ed features. And a lot of them seem to be incomplete.
its not half-assed. In division 1a football (i dont use FBS & FCS terms since we know its really aa and a), there are 120 teams. If they allowed you to just add teams and turn it into lets say 130 teams, then it screws up everything else because of schedules.

So lets say you want to add JMU (your created school) to the 120 teams so now you have 121 teams. Well have do you go about creating a schedule for that 1 extra team? You would have to rearange the schedule for the other 120 teams as well.

Its funny that you guys talk about how its not sim that people create non real schools but have no problem wanting to add your teams to division 1a without replacing a team so theres more teams than are really in division 1a.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:30 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet Bandit
Opportunity cost.

The NCAA team has a finite amount of resources. They've obviously chosen to dedicate a number of those resources to Teambuilder. By doing so, they no longer have those resources to use on something else.

In other words, doing Teambuilder has cost them the opportunity to do something else. That's the opportunity cost.

So yeah, there's certainly valid criticisms coming from people who would rather have something else. But that's also unavoidable, considering everyone prioritizes things differently.

Personally, I'm not sure I'll use it. I used it on the PS2, but since then I've grown to like taking a different mid-level school each year and building them up. I'll have to wait and see how good the implementation is.
but it was a huge request from the community so it makes sense to make it good. also they have a big team working on the game so I don't think it took as much away from other areas as you think
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 03:33 PM   #72
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
but it was a huge request from the community so it makes sense to make it good. also they have a big team working on the game so I don't think it took as much away from other areas as you think
Oh, I'm not saying it wasn't a good idea to put it in. I was just responding to the idea that this takes nothing away from the game since people can just ignore it so it can't really be criticized.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »