Home

Why I am Concerned about Teambuilder

This is a discussion on Why I am Concerned about Teambuilder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:56 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 26
Re: Why I am Concerned about Teambuilder

Yes i agree! It's a major addition for a bunch of us! Exceot for ones like me who don't have xbox live

Old 04-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #10
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Why would I want to create my school? I don't want to create some fantasy football dynasty (no pun intended), but I want to create a true-to-life sim. Maybe you want to create the Motown Mutts but as for me, "No thanks."
I don't want to create the Motown Mutts. I want to create my alma mater, a real-life FCS school. I have no complaints whatsoever about putting them in a BCS conference in order to use them. I like it that my schedule will be filled with BCS schools rather than Dixie State. (Yes Dixie state is a real opponent for the Bobcats thsi year.)

You're certainly welcome to say, "No thanks," to the feature. Several people have already done so, for the same reasons as you. In fact there were already several threads going in which this kind of thing has already been discussed, before your thread.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3

Honestly to me Teambuilder means:

1) A bunch of space is taken up that could be used to add a weekly studio show in dynasty mode, FCS teams, a halftime show (comparable to 2k5), etc.

2) A lot of micromanagement that I won't even bother wasting my time with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
But perhaps this is just a fundamental difference between me and you. You want a fictitious, fun world and I want a sim world. Your signature says alot when you mention your OD with Tulsa and your team is playing in the BCS bowl games and beating teams like Georgia. Tulsa would NEVER beat Georgia and would never go to a BCS bowl game.
Have you played NCAA 09? It's not my fault that the CPU is easy to beat even on Heisman. You don't have a point at all.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:02 PM   #13
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
Lately on these boards the "sim" thing has been taken to far.
i want the game to realistic too... but i also want to have fun with the game.

Im sure Teambuilder will not be perfect, but i think it is a good addition to the game.
Well said.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

If you put some realistic sliders on the game and put it on heisman then it's not that easy. My point was that you seem to want to take teams like Tulsa and make them into these super, unrealistic powerhouses and I like to play games that match up comparably with their IRL counterpart. I'm not saying you're wrong in wanting to do that. It's just a difference in tastes.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 PM   #15
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

If you are into the TRUE to life simulation, then you're right -- this feature is largely useless to you.

Sorry if that's disappointing, but the game engine up to this point (and to my understanding) is not meant to hold more than 120 (or whatever the total number of teams is) teams. It's also an issue of disc space versus hard drive space. If this game was for the PC, I doubt we'd only have 120 teams... we'd have as many as we want and a play-off option.

The Team Builder option is for people who want to create that "Mutt" college you mentioned and not for you to create 100+ FCS teams to add to your dynasty.

EDIT: Also I agree that people take the word SIM waaay to far. It's as if you want the same teams to always be good and for there to never be upsets etc...

In fact, the real life counterparts would not match up to your "SIM" standards, what with teams like Utah going 13-0 and beating Alabama (and being up 21-0). In 2002, Utah went 5-6, two years later they were 12-0 and now 13-0.

In the game for some of these SIM settings, you see the same teams being just as dominant 40 years down the road, which is cool, but in actuality may be not always the case. Look at Nebraska -- not nearly the power they used to be, but I'm sure if we would've of said in 1990 that Nebraska would suck in 2009, many would've said, "THAT IS NOT REALISTIC."

Last edited by EvanRG; 04-24-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 08:11 PM   #16
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

Quote:
If you put some realistic sliders on the game and put it on heisman then it's not that easy. My point was that you seem to want to take teams like Tulsa and make them into these super, unrealistic powerhouses and I like to play games that match up comparably with their IRL counterpart. I'm not saying you're wrong in wanting to do that. It's just a difference in tastes.
First of all, stop with the Tulsa crap. I'm only using Tulsa because the people I joined an online dynasty with were using Conference USA.
Second of all, the reason they chose that conference was because we know that the game is easy (even if you pump up the sliders all the way, the game still becomes easy when you're used to it, and recruiting is always easy). They wanted at least a challenge from the CPU for a few years and I agree with that line of thinking.
I would like it if the difficulty of the game is realistic. If it were, we'd have picked better, more interesting schools to begin with. But it's not.

Ok, so you don't know me, and you don't know what you're talking about.

I like TeamBuilder because I went to Montana State and now I can create them and have fun playing with them. That is one of the primary scenarios that this feature is in there for. Another big scenario is for being able to create classic uniforms/stadiums for existing BCS teams. Just because you don't like the scenarios that TeamBuilder covers, doesn't make it bad.

To do full FCS, that is TONS more research and dev time, disk space and server space. Not to mention: Last time they did FCS schools, their rosters were crappy. Not well constructed in terms of filling out the depth chart and having a good mix of underclassmen and upperclassmen, and lots of innaccuracies. No doubt, it was difficult for them to make the time to scout shoddy FCS athletic websites to get the information needed to do it right. The people that did the I-A roster names didn't jump on I-AA. Then the second year they did FCS it sucked even more, because they didn't even update the rosters from the previous year.

To do pregame and halftime shows instead like you would prefer, you may want that and so may others, but some don't, myself included.

To each his own. EA can't please everyone. Just don't act like your opinion is revolutionary, or like you have higher standards than everyone else. It's already been discussed in the ongoing threads but you just wanted to start your own and complain. The feature doesn't appeal to you because you have different priorities, and that's fine. That said, when it comes to TeamBuilder vs full FCS for the general fan base, you clearly are blind to the reality that TeamBuilder is more bang for the buck.

Last edited by TrevJo; 04-24-2009 at 09:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »