Home

Why I am Concerned about Teambuilder

This is a discussion on Why I am Concerned about Teambuilder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:34 PM   #17
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Why I am Concerned about Teambuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrice25
Lately on these boards the "sim" thing has been taken to far.
i want the game to realistic too... but i also want to have fun with the game.

Im sure Teambuilder will not be perfect, but i think it is a good addition to the game.
people have gone way too far with this sim stuff. I want the game to be as realistic as possible as well but i'm still smart enough to realize this is a game and not real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
Honestly to me Teambuilder means:

1) A bunch of space is taken up that could be used to add a weekly studio show in dynasty mode, FCS teams, a halftime show (comparable to 2k5), etc.

2) A lot of micromanagement that I won't even bother wasting my time with
so for you teambuilder is a lot of wasted space that could have been used for a weekly studio show. Well for me a weekly studio show would be a waste of space because it would get repetitve after a while and i'd prob either not watch it or skip through it most of the time anyway. See how that works. What may be a waste of space for you might be much more important to a lot of other people. You'll prob come back and say well people have been asking for a pregame show but people have also been asking for CAS to be back in the game as well.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxtrev
3) Even assuming that we can save onto a hard drive all the FCS schools and that the Teambuilder mode will be in depth enough so that the announcers will say our team name, etc. (that is assuming alot), OMT and other devs have already made it clear that to put a CAS team into your dynasty you have to remove another FBS team. Why would I want to do that? For example, why would I want to remove the Virginia Cavaliers to put in the Georgia Southern Eagles? Or why would I want to remove Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets for Hofstra? For sim fans, we want to replicate the authentic CFB experience as much as possible. I'd rather play with no FCS teams than to play with 12 FCS teams and 12 less FBS teams.
I'm so sick of people criticizing Team Builder this way. name one sports game that allows you to add a created team to a dynasty/franchise you always have to swap a team out to get another in
Old 04-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 7

Tulsa will never play in a BCS bowl

App State will never beat a top-5 ranked team.

Cal-State Poly will never come 3 missed XPs away from beating Wisconsin.

Utah will never beat an SEC powerhouse in a BCS bowl.

etc.

C'mon, you guys, don't be silly.

I got recruited to small-school ball.
If I had opted to go that route, I'd certainly want to have my school in the game, even at the cost of having Western Kentucky or FAU

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »