Home

Gamestop Bonus offer

This is a discussion on Gamestop Bonus offer within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #17
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Gamestop Bonus offer

Is it a confirmed bonus? Not saying I dont trust Gamestop... Just want to make sure. I know Russ has said he wanted it to happen.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #18
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

Just throwing an idea out there for those of you that want to get the game at midnight somewhere but want this deal too.

Buy the game at midnight somewhere (Wal-Mart works best for this) and then hold on to your receipt. Then get your pre-ordered game for this deal and keep that version sealed and take that copy back to the orignal store that you bought one at midnight for your money back while keeping your opened copy.

It is a bit of pain spending double until you can return one copy, but hey it gets you what you want in the end. And as long as you are bringing in the sealed copy of the game you bought with a receipt too then no store is going to have a problem returning it.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:03 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
Just throwing an idea out there for those of you that want to get the game at midnight somewhere but want this deal too.

Buy the game at midnight somewhere (Wal-Mart works best for this) and then hold on to your receipt. Then get your pre-ordered game for this deal and keep that version sealed and take that copy back to the orignal store that you bought one at midnight for your money back while keeping your opened copy.

It is a bit of pain spending double until you can return one copy, but hey it gets you what you want in the end. And as long as you are bringing in the sealed copy of the game you bought with a receipt too then no store is going to have a problem returning it.
Nice idea, I might have to start doing this with every game that has a nice offer

NBA 2k17 Draft Classes for Xbox1 in Progress.

Check out my NBA 2k15 Draft Classes for Xbox 360:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...box-360-a.html
Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 AM   #20
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25

I will probably do 25 teams, but I will do that over the course of the month between teambuilder.com opens and the game comes out. Many of the 25 will be current teams with edited uni's. A few will be FCS (Butler U and S. Alabama, etc.) and others will be a straight fantasy team, including one a CAP dynasty strictly for OS members.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:49 AM   #21
Pro

EvanRG's Arena

OVR: 17

This pretty much says it's real... I think I'll stick with 12 for now.

Vetz: So after the process of creating the teams is complete, we’ll be able to download them on our consoles?

RK: That’s right. You’ll notice when the game ships, you’ll have 12 slots to download teams. That doesn’t mean you can only create 12 teams, it just means that you’ll only have 12 at a time available on your console. We’re working with preorder to have 25 slots available, but keep in mind no matter how many you do create, they won’t disappear because this thing lives online.

Vetz: Ah, so pertaining to what you said about preorders, that will be a little reward for those that chose that route, the extra slots to hold their created squads?
RK: Yeah that’s what were looking into right now. But even if you have the 12, once they become part of your dynasty, they’re part of your dynasty. So even if you have to delete a school it won’t matter if you’ve already taken off with them in a dynasty.

--------------

Here's the cool thing. What Russ just said was that I could download 12 created teams -- throw them into a dynasty -- save my dynasty, then delete the 12 teams and get 12 more and I will still have the 12 older teams in my dynasty!

That's hawttt.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 09:45 AM   #22
Banned

PENAPENA's Arena

OVR: 4

I'll do it because I always preorder from gamestop anyways because it's right across from my work.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:19 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

I always preorder (although if I didn't, this wouldn't make me want to) but this year, unless I can find it a few days early (been lucky the last three or four years) I won't get to play this until a few days after release, because I am getting married on July 11th and the game releases a few days later. So, for the first time since I was a teen, I might not have this game on release day.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:11 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanRG
Here's the cool thing. What Russ just said was that I could download 12 created teams -- throw them into a dynasty -- save my dynasty, then delete the 12 teams and get 12 more and I will still have the 12 older teams in my dynasty!

That's hawttt.
I really hope you're right about this...There's a huge chance to create an all high school version of the game if we can replace all of the schools.

Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/beeneeb

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »