Home

Formation Subs?

This is a discussion on Formation Subs? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2009, 04:01 AM   #9
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Formation Subs?

I think they should include universal formation subs at the pause screen and also the new Madden way of formation subs at the playcall screen so you can change things on the fly.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 12

I'd like to see it in Dynasty mode, but not online... people would find some way to exploit it (ex: WR at upback on punts for fakes).

Custom playbooks were nice back in the day, but now there are so many playbooks that are right on the money thanks to the in depth work of the NCAA guys. I'd rather use a team's playbook and play their style than grab a bunch of money plays and put them in one place.

Old 04-28-2009, 04:51 AM   #11
All Star

OVR: 33

Madden formations subs are the best.

It remembers them throughout the game, so you only have to set it up once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #12
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

To me if you're going to have a promise of playing time (assuming it's not still glitched) in recruiting, then you must have the ability to do formation subs. It's the only way to give a player significant amount of playing time without spending minutes in the sub screen per game.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 04-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #13
Rookie

klumdat's Arena

OVR: 5
Icon8 Re: Formation Subs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactor9600
To me if you're going to have a promise of playing time (assuming it's not still glitched) in recruiting, then you must have the ability to do formation subs. It's the only way to give a player significant amount of playing time without spending minutes in the sub screen per game.
They said the promises are fixed so formation subs would be key this year. I don't think they are going to be in the game tho.

..****Sh Um...
Old 04-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #14
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by klumdat
They said the promises are fixed so formation subs would be key this year. I don't think they are going to be in the game tho.
A little tidbit about EA..through past experience if they havent mentioned a feature or implementation by this time it most likely won't be in the game... We have clamored for formation subs for years and if they would have put it in we would have knwn by now..Could be wrong though..we shall see...LOL
Old 04-28-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
Banned

stevedrumsdw's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
A little tidbit about EA..through past experience if they havent mentioned a feature or implementation by this time it most likely won't be in the game... We have clamored for formation subs for years and if they would have put it in we would have knwn by now..Could be wrong though..we shall see...LOL

It is not going to be in the game. which tells me that EA listens to the ideas of the community only if the idea markets well. Thats why we have throw away modes like mascot matchup, sponsors and $$$$$$.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

2010 is 09 with a couple silly gimmicks it would appear. I wouldn't count on any useful features to be added.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »