Home

Season showdown a waste?

This is a discussion on Season showdown a waste? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2009, 11:40 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 8
Re: Season showdown a waste?

Yeah, I am not very excited about this feature. Seems like a gimmick for casual fans.
Old 04-27-2009, 11:41 PM   #10
Rookie

Africa Jr's Arena

OVR: 12

Mascot Mashup Is 100x worse so no complaining! ok
Old 04-27-2009, 11:49 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryrice4949
Yeah, I am not very excited about this feature. Seems like a gimmick for casual fans.
How is it a gimmick for casual fans? the hardcore fans that arnt bandwagons to certain schools is who this is for, rep your school.Answer trivia Question about your school and other schools. This feature is for the hardcore college fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 11:53 PM   #12
MVP

bigwill33's Arena

OVR: 13

I don't mind the fair play stats for online and such. All games should have that I think. And the trivia and what not, eh. I like trivia so who knows.

What I don't care about is this make your school win each week and do all these pointless things so that your school... I just don't see the point personally.

Maybe Coke gave them some $$$ for it and that is fine. And like someone else mentioned Mascot games, they are not for me either. However, those things take up little space on the disc and take little time to make, so not having it in there is dumb too as I am sure some people use it. Just because it is not for me doesn't mean it shouldn't be in, but I just wanted to know everyone elses feelings and perhaps if there was a reason I would like this.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:01 AM   #13
Rookie

In Ncaa 05 they use to have it where , you could click on a persons name and see there stats. you could see the Run/Pass ratio, the percent that user scrambles per game,how much they ran the option and favorite playbook and how much they go for it on 4th down. this was how you would check if someone was a douche, the season showdown will help with that problem because on 360 it doesnt allow you to see none of that.
Old 04-28-2009, 12:11 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allaboutme
In Ncaa 05 they use to have it where , you could click on a persons name and see there stats. you could see the Run/Pass ratio, the percent that user scrambles per game,how much they ran the option and favorite playbook and how much they go for it on 4th down. this was how you would check if someone was a douche, the season showdown will help with that problem because on 360 it doesnt allow you to see none of that.
I miss that style of lobby so much, worked perfectly and you had your little trophy room... heck, I still get the emails saying I unlock them in 09, but never see them.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:28 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moojenowski
I miss that style of lobby so much, worked perfectly and you had your little trophy room... heck, I still get the emails saying I unlock them in 09, but never see them.
It was the best way to scout people, cuz it even did it for defense. i think the best lobby though was ncaa 04 you could type fast as ish, so trash talking was at its peak.now lobby typing is super slow all you see is generic messages.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #16
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Season showdown sounds like a gimmick to me. To each his own.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »